• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Slion

Corporal
12 Badges
Apr 26, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I've been working on that Custom UI mod for widescreens and was able to get some interesting results.
It seems most windows can be made moveable however for others it does not quite work.

Specifically the Fleet View has some hardcoded logic preventing it to work nicely as moveable. It would be nice if you guys at Paradox could spend some time in the studio fixing that. Maybe add an extra check in the code that tests if Fleet View is moveable and if it is then make sure the top left position is preserved when updating it, switching from one fleet to another.

Another thing you could try fixing would be to redesign the Planet View so the side panels are moving along with the main panel much like the Starbase View does. I tried to move the side panels windows inside the main window but got a crash so I'm guessing the code is expecting to find those windows at the top level in that gui file.

Sure we are, we just need repro steps and preferably a save and logs for the crash. Best place to report such issues is the bugs subforum as we aren't in this one every day.

Sure we are, we just need repro steps and preferably a save and logs for the crash. Best place to report such issues is the bugs subforum as we aren't in this one every day.

So I did open a bug report there but I guess it does not make sense for you to fix this now as 2.2 is about to be released and 2.1 is basically EOL.
Now I'm hoping UI changes in 2.2 will make it usable on widescreen out-of-the-box but somehow I doubt it.
Any chance to gain early access to 2.2 so that I could port that mod ahead of the release?

I did find a way to place the Fleet View pretty much anywhere in 2.2. Though it will remain unmoveable until a dev decides to look into that.
I'm thinking of going for the following layout:

upload_2018-12-9_1-2-8.png