• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grabbed, installed, launched, aww crud..!

check MosTek log.. following entry:

CustomVoices 0.0.2
Error: CustomVoices has a manifest entry that has a type 'SoundBankDef' that doesn't match an existing type and isn't declared in CustomResourceTypes.

Right go back check entire mod pack to see if I have to load it, and not have the custom voices as a stand alone. Nope nothing found that stands out so should be able to use as a standalone.. right..

Allright you crazed mod maker...want bad, not working.. Nothing that I can see in the mods JSON file, but that doesn't mean that much as I just barely understand what I'm looking at. No obvious syntax or format errors..

I apologize about the necro thread, but my search skills appear to be very weak. I'm running Battletech Extended Commanders Edition, and would really love to add the Tex voice pack. Is there a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find any instructions, and I'm kind of a dummy at this stuff. I only got Extended installed by trial and error 5 or 6 times. All I want is the Tex Voice. I don't need any other mods or changes if possible. I would happily swap out one of the other standard voices to get Tex. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

Last edited:
The Duncan Fisher voice pack is exclusive to RT and BTA and can't be used outside of them.

Well, then you'll have to explain to me how I got it to work because I just yanked the folders out of RT and dropped them into my own customized install install and well.. they work.

Well, then you'll have to explain to me how I got it to work because I just yanked the folders out of RT and dropped them into my own customized install install and well.. they work.
Then you stole it.... The Duncan and Elias voicepacks are specifically not allowed to be used outside of BTA or RT because we payed for them out of our pockets and thus are not licensed to be used elsewhere. Can't put links here or I would link the license text that clearly states this

I'll second what Jamie said. The Ledoux and Toufexis voicepacks are actually privately licensed works of RT and BTA. We paid out of pocket for their time and effort and specifically added licensing text to those two modpacks to make it clear that their use is not permitted outside of those modpacks. You may not have intended theft but it boils down to it. Their use and distribution is not permitted under our licensing agreements.