• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(12599)

Recruit
Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
Every time I invade certain region(s) I have a mysterious CTD. I load the game again, do the same thing and.....CTD. well, next I download the patch for the next versionn I try to install it and a little screen pops up and says: Game cannot be found. OK, I reinstall the game and try again. This keeps happening every time. Isnt there something like a registry setup or something? and how in the world can I fix that mysterious crash?
all help is appreciated

TK

Try posting some of the details of the crash in the bug forum. Include what province you are invading, year, troops attacking defefending, etc... For the patch you may have downloaded the incorrect version. There are two patches available now, one is for the scandanavian version and one is for the North American version. Double check which version of HOI you own, and make sure you have the appropriate patch. If you are unsure it may be easiest just to download both and see if either will work. If you are running Windows 2000 or Windows XP make sure that both the game and the patch are installed as administrator. If you are not an admin on the local system it will not let you apply the patch.