• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(48355)

Corporal
Sep 7, 2005
I just installed the game but i get frequent CTD:s when playing it seems a bit random when they do also...

I'm using W7 (yes run game as admin)
Direct X updated Nvidia aswell...

Just can't seem to understand why a simply game as EU2 should crash...

Yeah I'm getting the same issues tried playing for the last 3 hours. Running Windows 7. Game installed in \Games folder - game ran as admin. I suspect that this is probably a screen resolution thing as I have had issues with EU2 as well playing in 1280 * 1024 it crashes all the time. I'll try running in a lower res and let u know how I go.

I have random crashes about once every hour.

1600x1280

Win XP SP2.

I have random crashes about once every hour.

1600x1280

Win XP SP2.

Same OS, i am happy if i manage to play 20 minutes before it crashes. Oddly, it happens a lot more often after annexing an enemy.

Same...Running vista 64 though. Did all the steps...Admin run, update driver etc;. Crashes random and frequent to the point where I can't tell what it could be. Last one was shortly after I annexed someone.

getting random crashes all the time running vista 32
administrator mode and compatibility mode xp sp2 but it seems to crash randomly for no reason (loading game, changing nations pretty fast) im running the game in 1900x1000 (or whatever is closest to that) it seems to ctd for allot of random things (clicking on water province then on the water icon made me ctd once)

We identified a cause of possible "random" CTD when the mouse is over a sprite on the map and it happens for memory check of transparency (green not displayed part of the sprite).

Same problem as everyone else with crashes. Using Vista Home Premium 32. Like a previous poster it happens so often that can't be specific as to what's causing it except that it happens when I click on something or exit the game, things like that. I'm playing the vanilla game in 960x600 resolution.

It's not spoiling my enjoyment of the game too much, though (with frequent saves) - it's just a bit of a hassle.

Yeah, unfortunately same problem here with CTDs under XP. A shame really since I otherwise absolutely love the game. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the crashing, but happens about every twenty minutes or so.