• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xnao

First Lieutenant
111 Badges
Sep 11, 2006
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
when i try to click the usurp title button it drags my map over to the the duchy.

as i move it lags then crashes

zooming in on the area does it too

Last edited:
please post your dxdiag.txt, settings.txt, system.log and error.log files (you'll need to rename the .log files to .txt to upload). Also open setup.log, search for "checksum", and paste that line only in here.

OK, you have a bad checksum and that's probably the cause of your problem. If you have the game via Steam, use the client option to "Delete Local Content" for the game. Then manually go in and delete the CK2 files from under Steam, and also from under your MyDocuments directory. Then reinstall it, and once done run a Verify Game Cache option from the Steam client.

If it's a GamersGate version uninstall it, again manually delete all CK2 stuff in the game directories and under the MyDocuments directory, install the game (choose somewhere outside the system path like c:\games\ck2\ ) and then install the 1.03b patch and point it to that same new directory.

Now run the game up and make sure you have the right checksum KUMH.

No, not at all, they do not figure in the checksum. That is still bad; did you delete all CK2 files (aside from saves) in both places, before reinstalling?

Is this Steam or GG?

possibly left some mods. GG version.

since then i completely reinstalled and cleared all directories.

[ck_application.cpp:770]: Checksum is CK2 v1.03b (UUBR) 149380940

Still wrong ... it must be KUMH.

No. The checksum is solely calculated from the data files in the game, files that if changed would affect gameplay. Nothing external to the game, nothing to do with graphics or music, nothing to do with saved games. History files, the map, those sort of things.

Changing history files IS modding. Yes, that will change the checksum. But aren't you installing completely afresh, making no changes, and still getting the wrong checksum?

OK, well I can only guess your install is still bad, or something on your machine is interfering with the installation process (such as an anti-virus app). I'd move your saves elsewhere, uninstall again, delete everything as before. Also delete your GG installer, and download that again. Install again to a new directory, apply the 1.03 patch and hope for the best!

If it still goes wrong, I'd think about moving to a different machine or moving your machine to a different location, to see if there are still problems like this.