• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see this one mentioned occasionally on the forum. What is it you want with cadet branches? I am not trying to be cheeky, I just honestly don't know what people want with them and I am willing to hear.
I e.g. would love to see cadet branches implemented for muslims, so those of cadet branches wouldn't incur decadence. I'd just love to have Seljuk Sultanate divided between members of family - as it historically were - without decadence rising too fast for control.

Though it's more about decadence than my absolute need for cadet branches.

And on the more 'western' note, I'd also love Karlings split into cadet branches so they wouldn't have always have alliances with each other.

I e.g. would love to see cadet branches implemented for muslims, so those of cadet branches wouldn't incur decadence. I'd just love to have Seljuk Sultanate divided between members of family - as it historically were - without decadence rising too fast for control.

Though it's more about decadence than my absolute need for cadet branches.

And on the more 'western' note, I'd also love Karlings split into cadet branches so they wouldn't have always have alliances with each other.
It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for the Karlings to split into cadet branches when they're all equals. For a cadet branch to form, the one forming would probably have to be of a lower rank then the dynasty head.

Rather than Karlings, the model for cadet branches could be Capets and Valois, who often granted younger sons fiefs around France, where they established their own dynasties, eventually rivaling the parent dynasty. Houses of Burgundy, Anjou (post-Plantagenet), Valois... were all established like this

When I started playing CKII, I was thinking 'THIS is the game the guys at Paradox have wanted to do for all these years.' It felt like it was put together with a lot of love and attention to details. It also gave me an impression that the team working on the game were having fun with what they were doing. Now, with TOG you guys took exactly that feel one step further. You've pulled together what you learned all the way from time before time (EU, Svea Rike....) and have produced a historical-based tongue-in-cheek at times bordering on over-the-top fun game.

There are thing that can be tweaked and improved, sure (and I look forward to all the patches Doomdark will bring us since he'll never be able to let this baby go :) ). It will sure be interesting to see if you guys manage to top this game with EUIV or anything after that....

Oh, and please have Andreas whip up (much) more music, his stuff is on par with the movie music I listen to while playing, Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Trevor Morris etc.

Anyway, time to travel to the blot tomorrow where I'll watch young maidens with flowers in their hair dancing around the phallus.

Interesting post, Doomdark. Looking forward to the next DLCs.

PS. Will definitely be celebrating midsummer tomorrow. :D

Please make a DLC that focuses on the Catholic church, Popes, Cardinals and the true internal strife of the Catholic church something that gives the user the ability to potentially affect the outcome of a Papal election. Add ability to play the Holy Orders in there and make the Orders more useful and powerful as they actually were during that time period. Ability to raise Holy Orders (Catholic, Pagan, and Islam?) of your own. More with forced religious conversion?

Landed dynasty members who're separate, but of a lower rank, from the dynasty head create their own dynasties that are branch families of a sort. They have a similar flag to the founding family, but often incorporate aspects of their primary title's flag as well. It would make it so that someone who puts their dynasty members in control of everything in their realm wouldn't have everything be dynastically controlled, and after a given amount of time they'd all flip to cadet branches.

But what is the point and the game implications? Landed dynasty members already control themselves, since they are landed. They begin already effectively cadet branches in the game. So what new this piece of mechanics would bring? New coat of arms? Because I don't see the point, I wouldn't pay for it, if it was a DLC.

But what is the point and the game implications? Landed dynasty members already control themselves, since they are landed. They begin already effectively cadet branches in the game. So what new this piece of mechanics would bring? New coat of arms? Because I don't see the point, I wouldn't pay for it, if it was a DLC.
They aren't a part of your dynasty anymore, so if they inherit, game over for you. That's one big thing, isn't it?

They aren't a part of your dynasty anymore, so if they inherit, game over for you. That's one big thing, isn't it?
And no automatic dynastic alliance/bonus. It can get a little crazy when every single landed noble is a member of your dynasty.

Hi,

I would like play in Hellenic but we can't reformed this religion, It's damage, I know this religion doesn't exist in 867 but I think many players would like play. it's possible for reformation in next patch ?

Thanks a lot