• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(38177)

Colonel
Jan 18, 2005
Finally got a "True Bug".

Playing as Japan. captured Mongolia, and annexed it. Liberate Puppet has the option to "Liberate Puppet" Mongolia. Attempting to do this gives a message box "Critical Error - Database Mismatch" and retry / cancel options. System is frozen, and must cancel game / reboot.

Problem is reproducable. Version is 1.05c.

Note: Any help in where I might try to apply a manual fix for this. BTW Korea DOES work (have created it in one game) and Indonesia, Siberia, and a few others. Can you believe a no-ic / no resource country called Siberia is built into this game?

Cheers

Upvote 0
jungkhans said:
First suggestion would be try a newer patch. I believe at least some of the liberation bugs were fixed in later patches (1.05c was the first patch that feature was available).

From 1.06c readme:
- Fixed a crashbug with liberate puppet.

You can also try the known DIY fixes for 1.05c here.

Ugh...

You had to say 1.06c, didn't you.

I have tried to avoid downloading this, because of the Airstack AI cheat. Can you tell me if the "Platinum" edition is 1.06c, or another version. I need a replacement disk, and am considering getting a copy of "Platinum Edition" for file use.

Since I have you, I am playing China , and am at war with Japan. It seems that even though Japan declared war on me, I am not at war with Manchuko. Is this a problem, or a normal mode of play. I would have thought puppets of a country would also be at war, if the owner of the puppet went to war. thanks.

jungkhans said:
You had to say 1.06c, didn't you.

I have tried to avoid downloading this, because of the Airstack AI cheat. Can you tell me if the "Platinum" edition is 1.06c, or another version. I need a replacement disk, and am considering getting a copy of "Platinum Edition" for file use.
Platinum is 1.06c. Have you done all the DIY fixes on 1.05c?
Since I have you, I am playing China , and am at war with Japan. It seems that even though Japan declared war on me, I am not at war with Manchuko. Is this a problem, or a normal mode of play. I would have thought puppets of a country would also be at war, if the owner of the puppet went to war. thanks.
That is unfortunately normal. Puppet is a one-way defensive alliance: the master will join the war if the puppet is attacked but not the other way around and neither will join a war started by the other (unless there is also a full alliance as with the UK's puppets).

SAME happens in 1.06c Liberation Bugs are NOT fixed

I play USA vs Axis on HOI 106c+core91 in win98se.
Year is 1944 months may/june.
Have conquered most of german provinces starting fromHamburg.
Before that conquered spain and france but stopped before the borders of Germany.
Suddenly there is a liberation event with Luxemburg. The computer stops running. Has to be restarted.
I really want to succesfully finis a game as the US.
Went into the event files and changed the luxemburg events start dates from 1936 to 1947.
Now the Database mismatch happens.
Is this because having changed the event date in the midth of the game???
should I have started a new game????? all the conquering burdens over again?
The CORE people (where I posted my BUG) said the liberation errors should be fixed by paradox because they couldnt.Is this true? Will there be a patch for this?
Karl-Eduard.Biedermann@t-online.de

jungkhans said:
Finally got a "True Bug".

Playing as Japan. captured Mongolia, and annexed it. Liberate Puppet has the option to "Liberate Puppet" Mongolia. Attempting to do this gives a message box "Critical Error - Database Mismatch" and retry / cancel options. System is frozen, and must cancel game / reboot.

Note: Any help in where I might try to apply a manual fix for this. BTW Korea DOES work (have created it in one game) and Indonesia, Siberia, and a few others. Can you believe a no-ic / no resource country called Siberia is built into this game?

Cheers

I am 99.99% sure there will be no more patches for HoI. Probably none for C.O.R.E. either since they are also working on HoI2 now. From other reports I believe there are still some bugs in the liberation code in 1.06c but the only fix would be moving to HoI2 where hopefully they have been fixed.