• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase2991

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 31, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
After clicking the Intrigue option to restore the Patriarchate as Orthodox (in the Charlemagne start date), the EP (Ecumenical Patriarch) gains the title of County of Constantinople ruling from the Bishopric of Constantinople. This county is removed from your Demesne and the EP becomes independent. In later starts, the EP is obviously a vassal of the Byzantine Emperor. He rules from the Bishopric of Constantinople, and the Emperor, his liege, generally controls the County of Constantinople via Constantinople (the castle).

When pressing my de-jure claim on the county, the EP does not become my vassal. Instead, I take his landed titles, he becomes a courtier in my court with the Patriarchate Titular Title, and is still independent. I posted elsewhere about this and received no answers on how to set up the system represented in the 1066 start date. Is this a bug? How am I meant to emulate the traditional vassalization of the EP if it isn't?

---

*Edit: I am playing 2.2.0.1 beta patch via steam*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.