• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hákon Saelingr

Recruit
5 Badges
Mar 5, 2023
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings III
Hey! I'm actually having a problem to launch game. There's my dxdiag/error and system log. I recently bought the game, started on first time, but after my character creation, games crash. Now, game even launch :/

Already ticked "disable fullScreen optimisations", verified files, changed for Vulkan and back to DX11. Oh, sometimes there's a pop-up accusing "0x000012d" error. If some of u guys can help me, I'll be really glad. Spend a lot of money in this game and I can't refound it, but I'm sure I'll love if I'm able to play.

Edit: No MODS, all DLC's.

Attachments

• error.log
    11,2 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    877 bytes · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    128,6 KB · Views: 0
I don't see anything in those files to explain your problem. In there CK3.exe is crashing with c0000409 rather than 0x000012d though.

What if you run ck3.exe directly from File Explorer, any different?

Actually game is working as I run from ck3.exe, but game keeps crashing sometimes, even though It's playable now. There's a way to solve c0000409 error? The 0x000012d error appears like, 1 time in 4/5 crashes

Attachments

• error.log
    30,8 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    877 bytes · Views: 0
The main difference in running form the launcher or ck3.exe is the game settings, which are in Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt

Windows error c0000409 apparently means missing or corrupted system files. Please try these Windows repair tools:

.NET

SCANNOW:

Good luck!

Did those tools find anything to fix?

Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.

Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .

Please cap refresh rate to 60, as I suggested- its at 120 in there.

You should also update to the nVidia driver 531.29 or later, as the previous one had severe bugs.

Good luck!