• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JZRider

Recruit
5 Badges
Sep 16, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings III
on Mac desktop, game has worked fine for months and much fun but have hit a wall, first started to crash to desktop during play when hitting the top right button which displays holdings, vassals and succession. Now, it crashes when loading any saved games after a certain point (about year 1299), crashes right before map comes up. I can start a new game or load older saves but if load an older saved game, play to a certain point and save, then that new save will crash in same way (same prob with autosaves). any ideas?

Any mods in use in those campaigns?

If not:
Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

And attach a crash save file here too, thanks.

Any mods in use in those campaigns?

If not:
Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

And attach a crash save file here too, thanks.
thanks Andrew. No mods on any of my campaigns. Here are the files I believe you are looking for

Attachments

• error.log
    351 bytes · Views: 0
  • game.log
    53,7 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    847 bytes · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    3,4 KB · Views: 0
  • user_crash_report.txt
    48 bytes · Views: 0
  • last_save.ck3
    4,4 MB · Views: 0
  • exception.txt
    3,1 KB · Views: 0
I could not find a System Info file in Steam
With Steam as the focus app look up the top left of your Mac screen. You'll see title Steam-Account-View etc. The last of those is Help, in there is System Info.

With Steam as the focus app look up the top left of your Mac screen. You'll see title Steam-Account-View etc. The last of those is Help, in there is System Info.
got it, thanks:

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Apple
Model: iMac19,2
Form Factor: Desktop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x9e
CPU Stepping: 0xa
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 3000 Mhz
6 logical processors
6 physical processors
HyperThreading: Unsupported
FCMOV: Unsupported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
AVX2: Unsupported
AVX512F: Unsupported
AVX512PF: Unsupported
AVX512ER: Unsupported
AVX512CD: Unsupported
AVX512VNNI: Unsupported
SHA: Unsupported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Operating System Version:
MacOS 10.16.0 (64 bit)

Video Card:
Driver: Radeon Pro 560X
Driver Version: 1.2
OpenGL Version: 2.1
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 0 Hz
VendorID: 0x1002
DeviceID: 0x67ef
Revision: 0xc2
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
Primary Display Resolution: 2048 x 1152
Desktop Resolution: 2048 x 1152
Primary Display Size: 18.86" x 10.59" (21.61" diag)
47.9cm x 26.9cm (54.9cm diag)
Primary VRAM: 0 MB

Memory:
RAM: 16384 Mb

VR Hardware:
VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 953904 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 470373 Mb

Storage:
Number of SSDs: 0
SSD sizes: %s1
Number of HDDs: 0
HDD sizes: %s1

That looks okay.

When you did the clean reinstall did you make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again? Because there are some worrying errors in that error.log

What temperatures do you see for CPU and GPU while playing the game? I use Mac Fan Control for that purpose.

I did the clean uninstall-reinstall again and deleted everything, still same problem, see latest error logs.
I could not find the temperature or fan control while running game but the diagnostics seemed to indicate not overly stressed

Attachments

• error.log
    453 bytes · Views: 0
  • error.log
    417 bytes · Views: 0
  • error.log
    453 bytes · Views: 0
I could not find the temperature or fan control while running game
All you have to do is install Macs Fan Control and run it, then play the game. After 10 minutes play alt-tab out of the game and see what temps it reports.

What are those 3 error log you've attached now? They appear to be identical, AND still have those weird errors in them.

Were those error.log files from Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder or somewhere else? I'm only interested in the one that is in that folder.

As you can see that log is still full of errors that look like game corruption. After all we've done I can't understand how that can still be happening. I am assuming they are what leads to the crashes you eventually get.

Can we get a new save game, started after the clean reinstall, that crashes please?

This last crash was different, not during loading of game but while playing when tried to modify vassal contract, it was a previous saved game, not a new game, I was trying to salvage one of the saved games because put so much time into it, but I guess I'll just need to start from scratch

Attachments

• error.log
    65,5 KB · Views: 0