• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

agoofydad

Private
6 Badges
Nov 13, 2003
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings III
I installed 1.06c (finally) and have not been able to complete a game since. I never had trouble with 1.05c (and I think most of the problems were even solved with 1.03). It tends to crash during the invation of France. The date of the crash varies but generally sometime around when I am either in position to capture Paris or have just done so.
I've checked and made sure that my virus scan stuff is disabled.
Any ideas? What information would help?
Or should I just go back to 1.05c? (I think I still have it).

Well the option to go back to a previous patch is there,
You can see in the release notes, in the "latest patch is" sticky thread exactly the changes that were made.

Okay let's try some standard things.
1) Rename the AVI folder to AVI_back
2) Set the color depth to 16BIT
3) Turn off everything in the background like E-mail/ICQ/Messenger, Virus protection and everything in the system tray beside the clock.
4) Update your Windows, update your Video card drivers and audio card drivers. Then repeat steps 1-3.

If none of that works then.

Please run a DirectX Diagnostic:
Start menu –Run - then type Dxdiag, then select each tab across the top of the window, and run the tests on each tab. Then select “Save All Information” button in the lower right of the window. This will bring up a dialog box to allow you to select a name for the file where the information will be saved. You can save it right on the desktop as this will make it easy to find. Then copy the contents of that file from the start to the heading that says “DirectX components” then paste what you have copied into a post in this thread.

On the other hand . . . :)

Also, if you installed 1.06c over 1.05c you may want to try reinstalling HoI from scratch with just 1.06c.

Worth trying.