• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ltvw

Recruit
May 23, 2021
Hello,
I am trying to launch CK3 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 and it doesn't start: it crashes during initialisation while the paintings are showing. What happens is that when the mouse cursor changes from an hourglass to the finger, it makes a notification sound and then it crashes.
I verified the integrity of the game files like you suggested on your 'known issues list', but it didn't work.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it was successful.
My computer is a MacBook Air 2020.
How can I solve it?
Best regards,

Last edited:
No real ideas on this one, I have to say. The previous game CK2 is free to play on Steam now, does that have the same problem?

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your reply!
I just ran CK2 and it worked very well, no problems at all. CK3 however is still not launching.
A few of the files you asked me to attach (notably the error.log one) couldn't be annexed for the forum platform says ''the uploaded file appears to be empty. Please try a different file.''

Last edited:
No real ideas on this one, I have to say. The previous game CK2 is free to play on Steam now, does that have the same problem?

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.
Thank you for your reply!
I just ran CK2 and it worked very well, no problems at all. CK3 however is still not launching.
A few of the files you asked me to attach (notably the error.log one) couldn't be annexed for the forum platform says ''the uploaded file appears to be empty. Please try a different file.''

I see nothing in those files to explain this; in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

I'm afraid none of the game's hardware requirements on MacOS are met here:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD® Radeon™ PRO 560 (4 GB)
Unless you have Apple Bootcamp installed and can try the game under Windows, I suggest you seek a refund for this game from where you bought it.

Sorry about that!

I'm afraid none of the game's hardware requirements on MacOS are met here:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD® Radeon™ PRO 560 (4 GB)
Unless you have Apple Bootcamp installed and can try the game under Windows, I suggest you seek a refund for this game from where you bought it.

Sorry about that!
If I update to MacOS Bug Sur, will it work out?

Updating the OS will not improve your hardware nor add more memory, I'm afraid.