• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kzhkaafujz

Corporal
64 Badges
Jan 5, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Magicka 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Hello!

Firstly, how does the `count_deposits` command work? I found couple of different syntaxes for it online, but nothing I tried worked. The game's error log just reports something like this:

Code:
[trigger_impl.cpp:16906]: invalid deposit type !.

What I'm trying to do is check how many deposit features a planet has, in order to perhaps add some more. This command seems to be by far the easiest way to do that. However, what would even happen if I added too many deposits? I'd assume the number of deposit features is limited by planet size, but does the game keep track of that automatically? Does adding new features fail at the point when the planet is full, or does an older feature get removed?

Secondly, what's the deal with this error:

Code:
[galactic_object.cpp:1835]: System foo with initializer bar is too big. Make sure the outer radius is smaller than 500.

Wasn't the radius limit 1000? It also seems to appear when the outermost object is at 390, for instance, which I'm having trouble understanding, because the radius doesn't seem to be anywhere near exceeding 500.

Secondly, what's the deal with this error:

Code:
[galactic_object.cpp:1835]: System foo with initializer bar is too big. Make sure the outer radius is smaller than 500.

Wasn't the radius limit 1000? It also seems to appear when the outermost object is at 390, for instance, which I'm having trouble understanding, because the radius doesn't seem to be anywhere near exceeding 500.

I encounter that all the time using mzilli's Real Star Systems.

According to mzilli you can safely ignore that error unless it causes game wonkiness.

Firstly, how does the `count_deposits` command work?
It counts how many deposits of a specific specified type the planet has.

count_deposits - Checks the number of deposits on the planet that meet the specified criteria
count_deposits = { type = <deposit> count < 2 }
Supported Scopes: planet
Supported Targets: ???

I'd assume the number of deposit features is limited by planet size,
You'd assume wrong.

It counts how many deposits of a specific specified type the planet has.
So, in other words, it doesn't work like `count_pops`, where you can use limit = {} to do useful things with it? Nor does it support the keyword any? I'd like to count any deposit on a planet.

You'd assume wrong.
Meaning? Is the number of deposits unlimited? I guess it can work with habitable planets since the districts work as a practical limitation.

But I guess that also kind of means there's no need to count all deposits there.

So, in other words, it doesn't work like `count_pops`, where you can use limit = {} to do useful things with it? Nor does it support the keyword any? I'd like to count any deposit on a planet.

Meaning? Is the number of deposits unlimited? I guess it can work with habitable planets since the districts work as a practical limitation.

But I guess that also kind of means there's no need to count all deposits there.
AFAIK, there is no limit to the number of deposits on a planet. I currently have 400+ on a size 21 world.