• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King Christian IV

A Taste of Danish
14 Badges
Aug 29, 2000
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
Hi guys

Im playing a game as Turkey, and I'm in a major war with Venice and the Mamalukes. Now I want to negotiate peace with the Mamalukes, but when I try to, it gives me the option to force convert the Mamalukes or go on with the peace negotiations. But I cant press cancel! Nothing happens when I try to cancel, I can convert, but not cancel, whats wrong??

I had the same problem with a peace treaty with a minor country. I wanted to make peace with them, but I had no stars yet. So, I wanted to cancel the negotiations by clicking on the cancel button. Nothing happened and I had to make peace with them...grrrr.

Manstein

------------------
Krieg ist aller Dinge Vater, aller Dinge König. Die einen erweist er als Götter, die anderen als Menschen, die einen macht er zu Sklaven, die anderen zu Freien. Heraklit.

1.02b

Actually, it seems like I cant get away from the peace negotiation screen, I have to convert them, or load a new game before to get on with the game.

It also seems, that whenever the Mamalukes sends me a peace proposal and I accept it, the game crashes. Could it be some sort of script problem with the Mamalukes?

I have noticed the problem with not being able to exit the peacetalks screen. Even if you press 'cancel' (Abbrechen) it still stays there. Just click somewhere on the map, however, and it goes away.
Quoting my brother (who's likely quoting someone else) 'It works sufficiently, in time of war.'

I use 1.02, not 1.02b. But my bug seems to be the same as the one mentioned by Jinxed.

Manstein

Grrr! This is the fifth time the game crashes when I accept a peace proposal from the Mamalukes! (They offer me Aleppoe and Nussaybin) Patric, Johan, whats wrong? Can I send you my save game?

King Christian,
I have read now several times that your games crashes here and there, you should have a look to your computer configuration (graphic, sound e.g.). I play the game now a week or more and I never had problems with crashes. Only one time I got kicked back to the desktop and that happened with 1.01 patch.
However, I noticed a problem when loading a saved campaign during a running campaign (through 'menu' in the campaign mode). If you go back to the main menu (where you select countries etc.) there is no problem.
Also a problem was loading a game under ver 1.02b, which was saved with the 1.00 version, one time the french army, around 1509, came with about one million (!) of troops - funny (-: I smiled and quit. Campaigns started and saved with the 1.02b version never caused any problems so far.