• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(33144)

Corporal
Aug 12, 2004
I can't seem to convert my 1820's EU2 version of the world to Victoria. It works fine on older saves, but for the new ones - i.e. of the game I really want to convert- it doesn't. It didn't sound like a problem that could be fixed be reinstalling Victoria, but just in case, I tried, and it couldn't :p

I'm playing as Norway, so the world is, understandably, quite contrafactual. I've wreaked havoc on North America with colonists and missionaries, and I've recently started colonizing Eastern Siberia. This was no problem on the older saves, where the havoc-wreaking wasn't as extensive, but I wonder if it's possible that I may have done too much, and that this is why it won't work anymore?

Lastly, as a desperate measure, is it perhaps possible for me to mess around with the savegame file a bit in the hopes of making it work? Any concrete suggestions?

I've wasted a considerable number of hours of my life working my way up to 1820, and I was really looking forward to wasting a few more, playing the same game in Victoria.

I've got four different files from approximately the same time, and none of them work. Same problem with all of them. Victoria just won't quits to desktop when I try to run the converts. At the same time, as I said, it works with older files.

That sounds really odd, what are the differance between the older savefiles that works compared to the new ones that doesn't?
Patches, mods, version of the converter etc.

A guy in that thread said it was Korea that caused it, you might want to check that.

I find it completely impossible to look through the file that comes out of the converter since it lacks structure. See if there's something wrogn with the EU2 save. Look if a country has 2 listed capitals in it. Given how EU2 always turn out. There shouldn't be that many countries to check.

Umm... are you opening the file in Notepad or Wordpad?

Woops. Notepad. Everything is nice and tidy when I use wordpad :eek:o

Okay, so it's definately some country that is ruining stuff. I discovered this by deleting every single country except Norway from the file. Works like a charm, apart from that I'm all alone :D

But it's definately not Korea. I've tried eradicating them. Damnit, this is going to be a lot of work...

Okay, I found the error. Eventually. I probably could have played through EU2 again in the time I spent :p

Turns out one(!) of Haiti's regiments curiously had been assigned to province #14807520. The save works fine if the regiment is relocated to Haiti (#1731,) or if Haiti is eradicated.

It's quite a chore to find an error like that. Perhaps the otherwise excellent conversion utility can be set to somehow check for such anomalies and report/remove them?

The creator has requested to be deleted from this board and no one has been willingly - or able to pick it up.