• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fine Structures

Private
48 Badges
Jun 23, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
Game originally was only opening 1/4 of the time, most of the time just closing to desktop or completely freezing the computer so hard no keyboard shortcuts did jack shit; did a full clean reinstall after deleting everything I had as a backup. I have never had mods.
After reinstall game now >starts< well! Huzzah!

But now it's crashing on half the auto-saves, most notably when I accidentally scroll in or out to zoom. If I can notice and not take an action like scrolling the mousewheel, it seems to not crash, and PRECISELY ONE TIME it eventually unfroze and continued the game until 6 months had passed and the next crash came whilst I was scouting where my embarked men would land. Otherwise though, I'm just getting Autosave freezing, crashing to desktop, and never generating bug report. And as I'm rather constantly zooming on the map, autosaving is not great. Don't want to turn it off, though I suspect that'll fix most of the issue, and may just end up doing that.

Update possibly related since it crashed the same way, but turning autosave off entirely from annually did seem to do it. Now It's constantly crashing if I open the Royal Court after having been crowned king. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d). Click OK to close the application." still no bug reporter popping up

I did have one crash to desktop earlier from the load screen, sadge, but that's what I apparently get for like, havng google podcasts playing?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hello there,
Thank you for reporting this! Could you please zip and attach the following 3 folders here so we can delve down and find the cause:
1644831296686.png

They should be located in the "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III" directory.
Could you also run DXDiag and upload the file it generates here too, so we can check if it could be hardware related too?

Reactions:
Hello there,
Thank you for reporting this! Could you please zip and attach the following 3 folders here so we can delve down and find the cause:
View attachment 807246
They should be located in the "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III" directory.
Could you also run DXDiag and upload the file it generates here too, so we can check if it could be hardware related too?
Will comply this evening; and I prolly do need to open the case and clear out the dust even regardless what DxDiag says, now you mention it lol

Also to be clear on my earlier comment, it only seems to crash if I click Enter Royal Court >>immediately after having been crowned king<< in the pop-up. I can enter Royal Court through the right side bar just fine, or have other events pull me into it, re-reading made it seem like I didn't have access to the DLC, which I do. It's just after Kingdom invasion/creation etc where the event pops up which crashes, and it can be avoided by just clicking the option to see the Royal Court later... and then normally entering the Royal Court lol

There have been other random-seeming crashes but they're far far fewer since turning autosave from six months to off (the ironman event saves don't seem to cause the same issue), and they're much harder to categorize into a specific systemic setting outside these two fairly reproduceable ones.
I shall return in some hours with files!

I've been having this same issue for a couple of days. The game freezes and shuts down after a few seconds when it autosaves, with no crash report of any kind. Sometimes it's the first autosave after starting, others the 3rd or 4th. However, in my case there doesn't seem to be any connection with scrolling down at the same time. I just tested it and the game kept going even if I scrolled at the same time as it autosaved. Saving manually hasn't caused any issue. I would've suspected it could be mods related, but I've been running the game for some days since the new dlc using a few with no problem.

I also wanted to add that after a full reinstall (which didn't fix the issue) those 3 folders (crashes, dumps, exceptions) are completely empty.

Update: after playing for a while with autosave disabled, the game crashed once again on a manual save (after 2 previous succesful ones).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello there,
View attachment 807246
Much like the person above, 2 of the 3 folders listed were completely empty; however, I have zipped what was available from crashes folder below!
Sorry I am about 12 hours behind on uploading this!

Attachments

• Requested Zip (Crashes only Dumps Exceptions both empty).zip
    11,7 MB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag 14 2 2022.txt
    77,9 KB · Views: 0
Hello again,

After further investigation, your computer unfortunately does not meet the minimum requirements for running the game properly on DX11.
For more information about our hardware requirements, you can find the minimum requirements on the steam store page for CK3 and all subsequent DLCs

A potential option you could explore is changing the renderer value to "OpenGL" (case sensitive) in "pdx_settings.txt" inside your Crusader Kings III documents folder, though this is not a fix that we could guarantee would work with your set-up

Reactions:
Hello again,

After further investigation, your computer unfortunately does not meet the minimum requirements for running the game properly on DX11.
For more information about our hardware requirements, you can find the minimum requirements on the steam store page for CK3 and all subsequent DLCs

A potential option you could explore is changing the renderer value to "OpenGL" (case sensitive) in "pdx_settings.txt" inside your Crusader Kings III documents folder, though this is not a fix that we could guarantee would work with your set-up
Will try it out, acknowledging it is not a guaranteed or full fix! :)

And worth noting but also don't meet min reqs but Eu4, Imperator, and couple others, yet they still generate the bug report on the odd (and much less frequent) crash, which was one of the big ?!? parts of it all for me. Only a few months (assuming no big budget disaster) until a new computer tho so it's just down to patience if there's nothing to make it better.

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.