• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Snall

Acid Tester
27 Badges
Jan 6, 2001
www.wtfman.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • East India Company
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pride of Nations
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
So how will conscription work since the POP changes are geared toward trickling instead of mass changes?

While I liked the idea of the reserve system in Vicky 1, it was a bit strange though. Having to click on the add reserve button every so often wasnt realy fun. If they include reserves and conscription, the player should have some more flexible options. Depending on policies you should get the option to determine how many divisions you want to create from you mobilization pool, and you also should get the option to mobilize them one by one or per province.

So you may have a button that calls for a general mobilization in times of a great war or you could have a partial mobilization that adds gives you some reserve divisions to cover the border to an unfriendly neighbour while your standing army fights a smaller war elsewhere or is to conquer a new colony. Or maybe add the option to mobilize only the population of a single state or province for the same reasons.

I'd rather have something like HoI3's reserve divisions, where you essentially produce understrength division for a discount, then "fill them up" with men once you mobilize.

I'd rather have something like HoI3's reserve divisions, where you essentially produce understrength division for a discount, then "fill them up" with men once you mobilize.

Would be the best.

Note, that the last screenshot (one in POP dev diary) got 4 icons in military section - one with an artillery piece, one with soldiers, one with a flag (analogical to the leadership icon from HoI3) and one with an anchor.

It might indicate that its not the counter of actual units, but heavy weaponry (gun), manpower (soldiers), officers (flag) and hulls/specialized naval equipment (anchor) required to field units of your choice.

Hopefully when you start building a land unit, you will have a choice between making it standing army or skeleton, filled with mobilized conscripts.

Last edited:

That could also simulate smaller colonial forces... Nice one! *THUMBS UP*