• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(15247)

immortal technique
Mar 3, 2003
since there is no "bug reporting" thread ( or lost somwhere at the bottom?) i got 2 things:
1-by earlly 1600's all types of ai nations( including ben zaa and maya) are getting MAXIMUM forts, aparentlly randomlly and ai only( since i see a max for in a 2 base tax province :confused: )

2-and what the... is wrong here?("leon is a vassal" ok...to whom? itself?)

Last edited:
I'd guess that the many fortress granting random events play a large role in this.

Also although there are only a few, the AI events that grant forts to colonies might also play a role in massive fortresses in America. After all, think about what the following event will do if a nation only has a few colonies...or if by "bad" luck the engine picks the same province several times. :wacko:

Code:
event = {
	id = 802587
	random = yes
	trigger = {
		ai = yes
		year = 1600
		NOT = { year = 1650 }
	}
	name = "AI_Gets_Forts"
	desc = "Otherwise rebels capture all their colonies"

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = {type = fortress which = -4 value = 1 }
	}
}

A better version of that event would probably make use of the -3 command to make sure that the event only raises a province fortress the minimum level:

command = {type = fortress which = -4 value = -1 }
command = {type = fortress which = -3 value = 1 }

Although, I'm not entirely sure that -3 (target same random) works with -4(target random colony).

In fact, I tend to think it might not.

Wow.

What did I do with all the scaling triggers? :eek:o

I think we have our solution ....

beregic said:
since there is no "bug reporting" thread ( or lost somwhere at the bottom?)

The bug reporting has always gone in the thread for the most current version, so that we don't have to have lots and lots of stickies.

i got 2 things:
1-by earlly 1600's all types of ai nations( including ben zaa and maya) are getting MAXIMUM forst, aparentlly randomlly and ai only( since i see a max for in a 2 base tax province :confused: )

See above. Oooops. :eek:o
2-and what the... is wrong here?("leon is a vassal" ok...to whom? itself?)

I have seen that happen in other games. Wierd little situations like this. I am not sure anyone knows the answer. In a game I was playing (vanilla, long time ago) I was Genoa and I had a country as a vassal. Ir was also listed as a vassal of two other states.

I have seen that happen in other games. Wierd little situations like this. I am not sure anyone knows the answer. In a game I was playing (vanilla, long time ago) I was Genoa and I had a country as a vassal. Ir was also listed as a vassal of two other states.[/QUOTE]

The problem with Leon is due to the Crusade chain of events. If I remember correctly, after 1450, any catholic owner of Iberian provinces will have the option to release Leon as a vassal. So I'm guessing this could be perhaps solved by adding a trigger to check if owner in question is Leon or not.

Vandervecken said:
The problem with Leon is due to the Crusade chain of events. If I remember correctly, after 1450, any catholic owner of Iberian provinces will have the option to release Leon as a vassal. So I'm guessing this could be perhaps solved by adding a trigger to check if owner in question is Leon or not.

The game is supposed to know not to do this. The independence command is only supposed to work if a country doesn't exist already. However, I will go in tonight and add such a trigger.

panther-anthro said:
:p I tested that today matty, it does indeed work as they say. Leon vassalizes itself.

Dat be some crazy shit.

Triggers will be modified.

panther-anthro said:
Glad, we could get that fixed then. It made me laugh my ass off when I saw "Leon has accepted our offer of vassalage" O RLY!?

Well, it seems that Leon can still do that in 1.05. Also, the colonial forts are still there. In my last game with the Mameluks I expanded down into Africa only to find Zimbabwe fighting Sicily and its Large fort colony.

Vandervecken said:
Well, it seems that Leon can still do that in 1.05. Also, the colonial forts are still there. In my last game with the Mameluks I expanded down into Africa only to find Zimbabwe fighting Sicily and its Large fort colony.

??? The event has a trigger that Leon not exist .... :confused:

panther-anthro said:
Weird, you sure there isn't another reason why it could have occurred?

No clue whatsoever. Things were all business as usual everywhere, the Caliphate was out on its traditional walk in the park, Al-Andalus was bullying pretty much the whole Mediteraneean and Leon was just being its lovely one province self. Maybe it was just my game going weird. I'll test it a few more times tomorrow.

Leon vassalizing itself.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I did a search and there a total of 6 events with the command "independence which = LEO" and all of these events include in the triggers the line NOT = { exists = LEO }

So, it isn't from a coded event.