• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok Limith, so I fired it up and played a few days as Japan. That version is in a very early stage. I have plenty of feedback on it, if you're interested.

What is the actual state of this mod?
Under development. I am currently redoing unit balancing and tech tree balancing. Unit balancing is to adjust stats for a unit to fit based on their components (military personnel, equipment, etc). Tech tree balancing is updating the tech tree with new tech components I added as well as changing the skills required since in the mod, skills can go up to 40.

The version I played is an old version but right now, I believe there is development going on, is that right? Which option did you choose in terms of what players want to see? This seems to be a very fundamental question to answer before going further.

What is your vision for this mod? Do you intend to take it further?
I'm not sure what you mean by which option. I personally hope to get a complete total conversion done before I graduate next year, with a campaign from 1957-end of R2. I am getting help with rewriting the event and campaign system from a fellow student at my University's anime club (mainly as the old events were written before I became a experienced modder and are poorly organized/designed). I want the mod to be sufficiently balanced so that it can be a fun multiplayer game from 1957-1963, with some scripting, but no forced outcomes. Major plot branches currently planned is one to connect with canon, and another to follow Dauntless's fanon (which I have permission to use). Aside from that, the campaigns of 1963-1965 should be to follow the anime.

Anyway, as I said earlier, currently I am focusing on the fundamentals of the game mechanics, since that is probably the hardest part for people to work on, aside from AI. After all of the above is done, I intend to let the community contribute most of the work and focus instead on DHF, but I will still be around mostly to do quality control.
I think you've mentioned that you want a full tech tree, etc.
There are many mechanics which I have designed but not implemented yet. Yes, I want a full tech tree as well, but currently I'm only prioritizing critical things to make sure the early years tech works.
And finally, is there actually a mod someone else is doing? Has that got a version that I can try out?

Cheers,
Sword
There's supposedly another mod someone else is working on but no releases afaik.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers, mate. I think it's a lot of fun to have another science fiction mod, anime style. hehehe

So you want a full scenario that can be played out. Very cool.

I should really watch Code Geass to understand it better. I watched most of the first episode on Youtube the other night and yeah, I enjoyed it.

I'll open the latest release CG0.2A3 and find something to mod for you. :)

Cheers,
Sword

Thanks for the answers, mate. I think it's a lot of fun to have another science fiction mod, anime style. hehehe

So you want a full scenario that can be played out. Very cool.

I should really watch Code Geass to understand it better. I watched most of the first episode on Youtube the other night and yeah, I enjoyed it.

I'll open the latest release CG0.2A3 and find something to mod for you. :)

Cheers,
Sword
Latest development (unstable) is on github, not CG0.2A3.

Well 'ole Uncle Sword has got something for ya...

New skin for Japan, including a modified skin file that allows the left hand side bar graphic to be seen (it's normally obscured). Note that the main scenario seems to be set in 1957 so that is way before Lelouch is born. Or I would've used other graphics.

Is it OK?

Cheers,
Sword

Well 'ole Uncle Sword has got something for ya...

New skin for Japan, including a modified skin file that allows the left hand side bar graphic to be seen (it's normally obscured). Note that the main scenario seems to be set in 1957 so that is way before Lelouch is born. Or I would've used other graphics.

Is it OK?

Cheers,
Sword

Wow, that was fast! Good job!

Some feedback:

The topbar seems...weird. Look at the one I have for U00 (Britannia) for how to style it. Or if you want, feel free to come up with another template (or maybe use the graphical improvement packs template)

Sidebar_A should include a small border at the right/bottom edges (see the U00 skin again). I can do it if you don't have photoshop.

fullscreen should have the color toned down (reduced saturation) as well as a border, but I can do that in photoshop if you don't have it...I can't seem to find my photoshop template...maybe I didn't save one. Darn.

Btw feel free to not use stuff from anime for graphics. Ex. for mechanized/special infantry "SKIF" like icons, I used real life images to fill in the gaps. There's nothing saying you have to use anime.

Hey Limith,

Yeah, the top bar is crap but I didn't spend long on this.

It seems strange to me to base a mod on an anime series and then use real life pictures!

The software I use has very limited border options. I'll give you the files I made via github and you can alter them.

Cheers,
Sword

Man this mod is pure awesomeness if it is ever released I will buy Darkest Hour just to play this lol I love Code Geass. You also are going to include some Dauntless fanon and Dauntless being one of my favourite fanfics just adds to the awesomness lol :) I really hope this mod is going to get finished.

Something fun? to read? I don't know...basically the backstory for this mod. For those who are curious. Not proofread or anything.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...s-Timeline&p=16792087&viewfull=1#post16792087

________
You also are going to include some Dauntless fanon and Dauntless being one of my favourite fanfics just adds to the awesomness lol I really hope this mod is going to get finished.
I liked Dauntless, been a while since an update. I think it'll take a long time to finish. Dauntless is good due to tons of character development, but sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better for there to be more time skips. Long stories have a high probability of abandonment.

New version is out (version 0.1.5.8 checksum DANC for 1.03). You can download from the Github now, or here at mediafire.
Compatible with 1.03 (afaik) and 1.04 (developed on this), which is not yet released.

Since I've graduated and no one really took over CG development, I'm going to slowly work on this myself again.

This is a minor version that is not a stable version.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, I may buy Darkest Hour to play this one.
Is this a WIP or was it already completed and you're just updating it?

The grand campaign is a WIP (not included in this release). The battlescenarios themselves were completed a while ago (minus good AI since I'm not an AI modder) and was simply updated. I suppose the Mideastern Crisis Battlescenario is more intended for multiplayer than singleplayer since I have no idea how to get good Britannian invasion AI and tell the AI to DoW on Africa then march up the east coast and then send transports overseas to attack the MEF, but it can still be a challenge in single player. The Japan BS AI seems fine-ish on highest aggressiveness.

I take that Britannia will have military access to east africa?
I need to have marines, so that I can do an invasion, as even if I walk up the east coast of africa, I will still have to cross the red sea, so to do an invasion of a beach, I'll need marines.

Can I change INF to MAR?
Easier to do an invasion directly from Durban to Basra or Aden? But I suppose that is not what you want?

I take that Britannia will have military access to east africa?
I need to have marines, so that I can do an invasion, as even if I walk up the east coast of africa, I will still have to cross the red sea, so to do an invasion of a beach, I'll need marines.

Can I change INF to MAR?
Easier to do an invasion directly from Durban to Basra or Aden? But I suppose that is not what you want?
In the specific case I'm missing AI right now, Britannia is at war with African Union, and needs to march north through the AU to the East African coast. After it defeats the EU and marches there, it needs to use the free transports it has and send troops across to attack the Mideastern Federation. There are no marines in the mod, modifiers are very different in the mod. It should use what it has, or build some special operations units. Alternatively, if the Saudis have joined the MEF, then Britannia should attack across Saudi Arabia. Just play the battlescenario as Britannia and it should be clear.

I swear i really wish i wanted to help modding this masterpiece. Unfortunately my experience in modding is really amateur level, not to mention i don't even know where to start with paradox main line games (eu,hoi,ck etc etc). I will try take a look to the files and stuff, but i also need some info...
1) I've noticed you switched (back?) to geographically limited scenarios (japan and africa/middleeast wars).
If i want to work on a global campaign map how should i do and what to modify?
2) Looking at the techs and researches seems you added new units (more mechs from the anime) which made me reaaaally happy. Superweapons are still a mess (even in the layout apparently) and imho the mechcarriers (mobile fortresses, you know i love them) would solve novapaddy's invasion problems (that unless it's not planned to avoid certain advanced units due to scenario limitations... but landing crafts should be available from the start in every scenario.

I swear i really wish i wanted to help modding this masterpiece. Unfortunately my experience in modding is really amateur level, not to mention i don't even know where to start with paradox main line games (eu,hoi,ck etc etc). I will try take a look to the files and stuff, but i also need some info...
1) I've noticed you switched (back?) to geographically limited scenarios (japan and africa/middleeast wars).
If i want to work on a global campaign map how should i do and what to modify?
Everything is still on the Github repository, under the /old folder. Just move them out of that folder back to the folders they should be in. I removed the old stuff since I was doing a code cleanup/restart from scratch since I had a random CTD I didn't know what caused it. Although now I know the reason (not the mod) was an engine bug, which has since now been fixed (not released yet for 1.04)
2) Looking at the techs and researches seems you added new units (more mechs from the anime) which made me reaaaally happy. Superweapons are still a mess (even in the layout apparently)
Superweapons haven't been added
and imho the mechcarriers (mobile fortresses, you know i love them)
The plan is to replace HQ's with mobile fortresses, unit balancing for that hasn't been done yet, there are techs in the tech tree for them, but the unit model hasn't been changed to it.
would solve novapaddy's invasion problems (that unless it's not planned to avoid certain advanced units due to scenario limitations... but landing crafts should be available from the start in every scenario.
Landing crafts via sea are available.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.