Cleansed Venom Gland is a pointless modifier

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aranaya

Corporal
19 Badges
Feb 17, 2020
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
Defeating the voidspawn now grants a permanent planetary modifier (after finishing a situation) on the capital planet. This planetary modifier raises habitability by 15%.

The capital starts out at 100% habitability and will likely have picked up at least another +10-15 from various techs and modifiers by the time players are likely to encounter and defeat the voidspawn.

In other words, a planetary modifier that raises habitability on the capital seems so pointless that it's hard to believe it's by design... I'd suggest either picking another bonus (maybe +unity) or allowing it to be moved by a planetary decision.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Parades don't necesarily start on your capital, they start on the planet with the highest population that didn't have a parade in the last 40 years. This usually means that those planets will have a high habitability so your point still stands though. I personally think you should be able to chose where to hold the parade.

I'd prefer just a blanket +5% habitability everywhere.

Agree with the above analysis that my most populated worlds are going to be high habitability already.

• 1Like
Reactions: