• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VikingSyrup

Recruit
67 Badges
Sep 28, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Starvoid
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Roses
  • Rome: Vae Victis
So forgive me if this has been addressed already or in the wrong place. I couldn't find a CKIII tech support. The latest update to the Crusader Kings III launcher looks pretty spiffy. Unfortunately it also doesn't seem to register that I have any mods installed. Or if it does, I am not sure how to turn them on/off like I did with the previous version of the launcher.

It gets weirder. Because I was playing with a mod suite before the launcher updates, I can't play the base vanilla game, because I can't access any of my mods to turn them on/off. So the base game for me is modded.

Am I the only one facing this bug?

Screenshot of the empty mod list included. Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    825,6 KB · Views: 0
Please try the following:

- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/CK3/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/launcher-v2.sqlite
- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have been having the same problem and followed your suggested steps but it didn't work. I can see my playsets when I log into my paradoxplaza account (see attached screenshot) but the launcher doesn't seem to fetch them from there or the mods I subscribed to from the steam workshop. The documents/paradox/ck3/mods folder also stays empty. I even completly uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game to no avail. I really hope there will be a fix for this soon.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    65,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Here's an expanded process that should now fix this:

- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/CK3/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/launcher-v2.sqlite

Add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Ahh so the new launcher got a new directory, thats where the problem was in my case, i already had to add an exception for the previous version to my antivirus program. Thanks a lot for your help everything is working fine now. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I also originally freaked out, but it seems all mods are working fine, it's just the launcher not showing them. It definitelly doesn't seem to be a problem on our side.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I also originally freaked out, but it seems all mods are working fine, it's just the launcher not showing them. It definitelly doesn't seem to be a problem on our side.
Did you go through everything in post #4? That process has been very successful in addressing these issues.

What AV app do you use?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did you go through everything in post #4? That process has been very successful in addressing these issues.

What AV app do you use?
I've done everything in post #4, in addition I also uninstalled and reinstalled CK3 just in case, and manually added the previous version of the Paradox Launcher too. (Though #4 only said to add the latest one.) I just can't seem to get it to click either.

I've done everything in post #4, in addition I also uninstalled and reinstalled CK3 just in case, and manually added the previous version of the Paradox Launcher too. (Though #4 only said to add the latest one.) I just can't seem to get it to click either.
What antivirus app are you using? We're seeing particular problems with Avast but others could be an issue too.

Is is still the same problem as your OP, after all that? Or has it changed at all?

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but for me it started working again today without doing anything. I guess the launcher got updated, because it's a bit different than before.

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but for me it started working again today without doing anything. I guess the launcher got updated, because it's a bit different than before.
I suspect your AV app got updated actually, or accommodated itself to the launcher, which did not change in the last day or so.

What antivirus app are you using? We're seeing particular problems with Avast but others could be an issue too.

Is is still the same problem as your OP, after all that? Or has it changed at all?
Windows Defender and Avast: but don't worry I failed to ensure Avast had all the right exceptions. Just fixed that and now my mods are working beautifully. Thank you for your patience w/ me!