• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JayTee

Private
30 Badges
Jul 19, 2019
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Even on LAN, it takes about 10 minutes for the file to go through, ck2 never had this issue and I'm confused, me and my brother are trying to play, the download/upload for both of us when he's at my house and at his house is 100/40 at both places.

What's going on?

Step 1. Join Game
Step 2. I paste his game ID and join
Step 3. Wait for about 10 mins, progress % bar on his side is very slow for my joining

The game save files aren't that large.. so why is this happening?

Being on the same Lan makes no difference, all MP play goes via the Nakama servers.

CK2 however uses Steam MP servers.

I see you have EU4, which can use eitherMP service at your option at startup time - do you find it is slow with the Nakama option but fast with the Steam option?

Being on the same Lan makes no difference, all MP play goes via the Nakama servers.

CK2 however uses Steam MP servers.

I see you have EU4, which can use eitherMP service at your option at startup time - do you find it is slow with the Nakama option but fast with the Steam option?

I tested this with EU4. My Results:

1 min 21 seconds --> Nakama

23 secs --> Steam

So a lot quicker via Steam. The EU4 save file is 10MB while the ck3 save file is 30MB. So I guess 3x as big and 4x as long.. so 7x as long in total...

7 mins 15 seconds for CK3.... really long time

That is interesting, I have not seen other reports that Nakama being so much slower that Steam MP. Not really sure what to make of that to be honest!

Can you try connecting via a VPN and see if it is still like that?

Is this just happening between you two? Can you both test with some third person and see whether either, both, or neither of you get this problem in that situation?

Thanks!

That is interesting, I have not seen other reports that Nakama being so much slower that Steam MP. Not really sure what to make of that to be honest!

Can you try connecting via a VPN and see if it is still like that?

Is this just happening between you two? Can you both test with some third person and see whether either, both, or neither of you get this problem in that situation?

Thanks!
Sorry it took so long, it is still the same via VPN and tested it with a third person, same thing :(

Sorry it took so long, it is still the same via VPN and tested it with a third person, same thing :(
Both you and your brother still get this slowness with a third person, are you saying?

Is there any way you can try this from some other location?