• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IsaiahSandy

Recruit
May 28, 2023
I recently bought the game and both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 expansion passes, but I haven't been able to play because the game crashes as soon as I launch it. The first time the game crashed was right after my character was murdered while on a pilgrimage. Since then, I haven't been able to make it to the start menu because the game crashes as soon as it loads. I have updated my graphics drivers and gone through all the troubleshooting tips, but nothing has worked. I have tried deactivating and uninstalling all the DLC and I download the unofficial patch mod but other than that I don't have or play with any other mods.

I attached some of the files that were requested when I reach out to Paradox Support over the same issue.

Hopefully, we can find a solution to this problem.

Attachments

• error.log
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    5,5 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    112 KB · Views: 0
If you run ck3.exe directly from File Explorer, do you see any error when it crashes then?

Try this Windows repair tool

Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K (20 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
We're starting to see some issues with these recent CPUs, although not necessarily just like this. Of those 20 cores the first 10 are p-cores, the rest e-cores. Use Affinity in Task Manager to restrict ck3.exe to the first 10 cores - does that help?