• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sporkyou

Recruit
4 Badges
Jun 21, 2022
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
Hi

I've playing on Steam on MacOS on an intel-based Macbook Pro. Everything was working fine for a week or two, but now if I try to save my game with "cloud save" checked, the game immediately crashes and the save does not get uploaded to Steam.

If I uncheck cloud saves I can save as normal with no crash.

I've tried uninstalling and deleting all Paradox / CK3 files in my Documents folder and application library, then reinstalling and manually moving my save files back to their home, but still experience the same issue.

Thank you for your reply @AndrewT ! I tried both your suggestions and unfortunately neither solved my issue.

Upon opening the game today, I checked the Load screen and it says all my save files are for a different version of the game. I can load them, and save them just fine, but it still crashes if I check the "save to cloud" option. I've been playing on both my PC and my Mac, which is why the cloud saves have been so important.

Any other suggestions based on the added information?

Thanks again,

The game was updated to 1.6.1 a couple of days ago, then 1.6.1.1 last night. I would have thought saves from 1.6 or 1.6.0.1 would still work though, despite that warning.