• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kris_Rebel

Private
67 Badges
Jan 1, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • PDXCon 2019 "King"
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hello!

Was really excited to try Friends and Foes today, but instead spent almost 5 hours trying to make the game work.
After updating to 1.7 I am getting this message when trying to start the game. Oddly enough, after a clean reinstall or deletion of CK3 folder in user/documents, it first just exits the launcher and crashes (without crash reporter opening). After that first attempt the CK3 folder is created and instead of a crash it gives this error.
I have a Steam version on Windows 10. I don't have OneDrive running, nor connected to the documents folder. I did make sure to not run any mods.

Rolling back to previous versions works and the game runs normally. But I hoped to play 1.7 with the new DLC, if possible.

What have I tried so far and it didn't help:
-Verify integrity of game files
-Complete clean reinstall by uninstalling the game through steam, and manually deleting folders in steamapps, documents and appdata + uninstalling the launcher. Twice.
-Restart the computer
-Run CK3.exe directly both normally and as administrator
-Uninstall Visual C++ and reinstall it again
-.NET 4.8 installed and working properly
-Launching the game without DLC

Paradox, please fix. I really like your games and I really want to do Iberian Struggle as a Sicilian Byzantine vassal.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    183,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
What happens if you run ck3.exe directly from File Explorer? Any error show then?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log

What happens if you run ck3.exe directly from File Explorer? Any error show then?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log

No, when I run ck3.exe directly, it just doesn't react at all, no error showing. In documents/CK3 there is no logs folder, it looks like in the screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56,6 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    123,8 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    278 bytes · Views: 0
Same here. Error in launcher and no reaction from .exe file. No crashes. Looks exactly the same like was previously after patch with memory optimisation. Previous version still running great for me.

No, when I run ck3.exe directly, it just doesn't react at all, no error showing. In documents/CK3 there is no logs folder, it looks like in the screenshot attached.

This is the result of your processor not supporting AVX instructions.

We have a temporary beta branch set up on Steam to bypass the issue, but a proper update removing the AVX suport requirement will be released early next week. Please see this thread for more information.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello!

Im having the exact same problem as Kris.

I tried to start CK3 yesterday from steam as usual but got this error message. I bought the Friends and Foes DLC and tried to start again but same result.
The game worked perfectly the other day. Now I have spent hours trying to make the game work.

I had to post my list of what I have tried to do to resolve this as an jpg because paradox forum won't let me post because of "spam", I'm a new user.
Please see attachment "test".

Paradox your help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• An_error_occurred.JPG
    An_error_occurred.JPG
    184,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Documents.JPG
    Documents.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    113,9 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    338 bytes · Views: 0
  • Test.JPG