• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rylock

Field Marshal
64 Badges
Mar 10, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
ck2plus_logo3.png

If we ask you for a save, please upload it here.

We welcome reports of any issues you encounter in the mod—in fact, it’s absolutely essential that we get feedback from multiple sources. In order for that feedback to be useful, however, please consider the following before reporting:

Do you have the correct checksum?
The checksum is a four-letter code which is procedurally generated by the game, representing the exact size of all your game files. If your checksum and my checksum are the same, then we have exactly the same files. Where this becomes useful is as a shorthand to determine whether there are any differences...if we say "the checksum with the mod is ABCD" and your checksum happens to be ABTY, then you know there's something wrong: you have extra files somewhere, made some changes, or didn't download/install correctly.

To find the current checksum for the mod, check the download thread -- it will be listed by "Current Checksum" at the bottom of the first post.

To find out what your checksum is:

The vanilla checksum is located in the launcher:

22yhdg.jpg

So the vanilla checksum with the 2.4.3 patch should be WIUP.

Then, after starting the game with the mod installed, you'll see a mod checksum in the lower left of the title page:

zswhg3.jpg

Thus the mod checksum is CQCJ.

When reporting issues, it's always best to say "I have checksum CQCJ" or just "CQCJ", as a way of letting us know you have the exact files we'd expect for the mod. If you don't, and know why (let's say you made some changes of your own, or mixed in another mod), you absolutely need to say so.

Have you altered anything?
If you’ve altered your files in any way, let us know. It will give you a different checksum (as above), and we’ll need to know that. Too often someone will report a problem, and only after lengthy discussion do they mention “oh, and I also changed X and Y, does that matter?” It matters, even if you think it doesn’t. Note that this includes the use of any sub-mods, even ones which claim to be compatible to the main CK2+ mod.

Are you updated to the current patch?
CK2Plus will always need the patch listed under the download link. If there is a Beta patch, we may require you update to it. As new patches come out, however, they require time before CK2Plus is compatible—make sure to check first!

Are you using an older version of the mod?
Please mention this. Also mention if you started your current game on an older version of the mod -- that can be important, as newer mod versions are not always save compatible.

Note that there’s no need to put up a link to a save unless we ask for it, but it’s useful to have one available (if you can). This is especially true if it’s a repeatable bug (ie. a bug that occurs after every reload, either on the same date or in the same time period, and cannot be bypassed), as that means it’s something we can replicate and thus investigate.

Last edited:
Known Issues in 4.03.2

• None

Getting a crashing bug, and want to help track it down?

If you're getting crashing, are you using Ironman? Some people still do, despite the warning event, and it's important to know. Also, ensure you're playing with a new game started under the latest mod version, and get the correct checksum -- anything else does not give us relevant info.

Assuming all that is fine, turn on the "debug" mode when you play. This is done by going into your Steam Library, right-clicking on Crusader Kings 2, and selecting "Properties". Then select the General tab and "Launch Properties". In the box that pops up, input

-debug -debugscripts

Exactly like that. This will provide more info in the logs when the game runs. If you experience a crash, you can go to your logs folder (in your Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings 2 folder in My Documents) and copy the last few lines from both the error log and game log and post them here. Just the last few -- we only want to know what the game was doing when the crash occurred, and any relevant info will be logged right before the crash. We don't need info from any of the other logs.

Last edited:
Sahidic are shown as west european instead of arabs with eastern clothing.

Hmm. I tested that numerous times, but it seems it doesn't work now.

Fixed it now, however, though I had to make a new graphical culturetype for it.

Checksum: CQCJ
Patch: 2.4.3
Mod version: 3.10
altered files: none

Minor Problem 1: The description of Monophysite states that it is a Monophysite heresy, while it is a Coptic heresy now.

Major Problem 2: In any startdate after the Viking Bookmark 867, different parts of India are without ruler or state.
Screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=500190178
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=500189984
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=500190041

Most of those are actually in vanilla, as well. Looking through the files, some are simply mistakes and can be fixed -- the others are outright omissions. The vanilla files only have a history up to a certain point, and then nothing. I won't deal with those.

The 1000 bookmark is a mess, though -- I might just remove it entirely, at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Banishing a character does not confiscate his titles, merely causes them to pass on to his heir. If this is intended, the tooltip for banishment is incorrect. If it is not intended, then there is something wrong.

Banishing a character does not confiscate his titles, merely causes them to pass on to his heir. If this is intended, the tooltip for banishment is incorrect. If it is not intended, then there is something wrong.

This is what banishing does now -- it's a vanilla change, and not something we can alter.

I suppose we can change the tooltip, but really vanilla CK2 should do that as well.

EDIT: I just checked the tooltip, and it does say that the target will abdicate his titles and flee the realm. So I'm uncertain which tooltip you're looking at.

Last edited:
"Banish (name) from the realm. All his titles will be confiscated, which will increase tyranny by 20."

I misspoke somewhat, as it is not the hover tooltip that has this text, but the confirmation dialogue. I.e. the box that has 'Send' at the bottom of it. Sorry for not being clear, you are entirely right about the hover tooltip.

"Banish (name) from the realm. All his titles will be confiscated, which will increase tyranny by 20."

I misspoke somewhat, as it is not the hover tooltip that has this text, but the confirmation dialogue. I.e. the box that has 'Send' at the bottom of it. Sorry for not being clear, you are entirely right about the hover tooltip.

Ah! That one is indeed ours (since the tyranny increase). I'll fix it.

Also the event that banishes a heretic ruler at the instigation of your religious councilor still actually confiscates all the titles. Just ran into it.

Last edited:
Also the event that banishes a heretic ruler at the instigation of your religious councilor still actually confiscates all the titles. Just ran into it.

That's fine, if that's what it actually does.

I haven't been able to play with the most recent patch, however prior to it disease outbreaks were causing 100% of all holding garrisons and levies to instantly die.
Please do not report issues for previous versions of the game/mod as they may have been fixed

I haven't been able to play with the most recent patch, however prior to it disease outbreaks were causing 100% of all holding garrisons and levies to instantly die.

The diseases have been altered to match the vanilla changes -- though most of those changes were with regards to the chances of outbreak and the contagiousness, not the severity. If you have a current game where there's an outbreak that's doing as you describe (making the garrisons and levies die), please do upload a save for us. None of the settings for diseases should do that, insofar as I'm aware.

In my game christian kings want to marry lowborn women from a other religion. I habe a lowborn, arabic, sunni women in my court. She is 39 years old and the king of italy wants to marry her with his oldest son (27 years). After i declined he suggest his youngest son (16 years). I have seen many times that kings marry lowborns, why should they do that? Then i suggest this marriage they decline.

When I had conquered the Kingdom of Jerusalem I choose to give this land to am member of my family. First this member gets a church so the Kingdom of Jerusalem becomes a Church State.

In my game christian kings want to marry lowborn women from a other religion. I habe a lowborn, arabic, sunni women in my court. She is 39 years old and the king of italy wants to marry her with his oldest son (27 years). After i declined he suggest his youngest son (16 years). I have seen many times that kings marry lowborns, why should they do that? Then i suggest this marriage they decline.

There is nothing we can do about that, I'm afraid. It's possible that the AI only looks at the religion of the liege rather than the religion of the specific courtier -- but since neither Sunni nor Catholic (or, indeed, any Christian religion other than Messalian) has any Intermarry commands set up, the AI choosing someone like that to marry is really out of our control.

Insofar as kings marrying lowborns, again our ability to control the AI is pretty limited. We could bump up the importance the AI places on prestige from marriage in the defines.lua file, but our experience with testing shows that, if we do that, high-ranking AI doesn't tend to marry at all.

When I had conquered the Kingdom of Jerusalem I choose to give this land to am member of my family. First this member gets a church so the Kingdom of Jerusalem becomes a Church State.

Do you have a save prior to the crusade's end? This is likely a random result from when the land is granted -- I can play with the code to see if there's a way around that, but I'd need a test case to see if it works or not.

Insofar as kings marrying lowborns, again our ability to control the AI is pretty limited. We could bump up the importance the AI places on prestige from marriage in the defines.lua file, but our experience with testing shows that, if we do that, high-ranking AI doesn't tend to marry at all.
Normally they wouldn't marry them, when i suggest this marrige. They even marry too old lowborn women. This looks like a event. They normally would nether marry them.

Do you have a save prior to the crusade's end? This is likely a random result from when the land is granted -- I can play with the code to see if there's a way around that, but I'd need a test case to see if it works or not.
No, but i have tried it two times. It was the same result. Then i have done this manuel.

Normally they wouldn't marry them, when i suggest this marrige. They even marry too old lowborn women. This looks like a event. They normally would nether marry them.

There is no event which does that. Keep in mind that the AI seems to look much more critically on marriages that are proposed to them, rather than marriages they propose. Why? You'd have to ask Paradox.

No, but i have tried it two times. It was the same result. Then i have done this manuel.

If I don't have a save to work from, there's not much I can do about it...short of me trying to re-create a crusade in a game, and hoping that it ends with your result. Which it may not. When I last worked on the system, it did not result in theocracies.

EDIT: Indeed, I just tried it -- the resulting kingdom was feudal.

Last edited:
Known Issues in 3.10

• Insofar as we're aware, there is still an issue with random crashing due to a memory leak -- it tends to occur after about 30-40 years of play, and does not appear to affect all users with the same frequency. We're still investigating the cause, but it's a long-term issue.

Came here to report this very issue! I didn't experience this problem on my old computer (years ago) when I accrued 700+ hours with CK2+. I've been getting random CTD's since I started playing again, always a generation or two into the game and with regular frequency. There is no warning before it happens. Proper checksum, up to date patches, etc. Surprisingly, even though I have a much nicer gaming rig now, CK2 runs more slowly (on high speed) than it used to and it crashes all the time. Oy vey.

Vanilla CK2 is a such sad shadow of CK2+. It's a shame because I just can't play CK2 without this mod.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.