• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nilssahlström

Private
11 Badges
Mar 15, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
Short summary of your issue
Wrong dynasty shields

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
The dynasty banners of several characters doesn't match their dynasty.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Dont know, this was seen in observer mode.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 2022_03_10_2.png
    2022_03_10_2.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2022_03_10_3.png
    2022_03_10_3.png
  • 2022_03_10_4.png
    2022_03_10_4.png
  • 2022_03_10_5.png
    2022_03_10_5.png
    2,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 2022_03_10_6.png
    2022_03_10_6.png
    2,8 MB · Views: 0
  • autosave.ck3
    77,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi @nilssahlström!

Thanks for the report, unfortunately when I started the game on your save file the issue doesn't occur - I've checked all the houses you sent in screenshot - those are appearing correctly, in a different way as shown in your game. Please verify your game files, make sure you have the newest update, and if you have any mods installed - uninstall those. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the game.

Cheers!

I've encountered the same bug after the update to 1.5.1. It also affected my RC banners in 3D view - their CoA seem to switch to some random, other ones once in a while. I use no mods.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have experienced the same issue, when I played last night around 90% of the dynasty shield I saw was completely wrong. Yet when starting the game up from the same save everything looks normal. I think its a case where the dynasty shields bug happens over time.

• 2Like
Reactions:
can confirm this is also happening to me now. bunch of houses having all their coas replaced with the same coa, and this is a game i have started on the new patch, not an old save

can we remove the as designed label please, its been applied prematurely

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, there is a bug. I tested it without mods. I haven't figured out what's causing it yet. So far, I have only clicked on random counties on the map and after some time subsequent houses, one after the other, adopt the same coat of arms. The problem is somehow related to the coat of arms designer. I noticed that it starts showing a visual bug like in the screenshot, where all emblems change to the same one.

20220311223654_1.jpg

Reactions:
Yes, there is a bug. I tested it without mods. I haven't figured out what's causing it yet. So far, I have only clicked on random counties on the map and after some time subsequent houses, one after the other, adopt the same coat of arms. The problem is somehow related to the coat of arms designer. I noticed that it starts showing a visual bug like in the screenshot, where all emblems change to the same one.

[image snipped]
huh! this was also happening for me but i just somehow never connected the two. not sure how i managed that

actually, hold on, while im here:
@Earl Obelus of Brittany apologies for the ping but i figure its probably better than making a new thread. this bug has been corroborated by several other users now, and it appears reloading the game makes it go away, so its not surprising nobody saw anything when loading up the save. would it be possible to remove the as designed label, please?

• 7Like
Reactions:
Did someone really spend 2 seconds to fail to verify this bug then mark it as designed? This is a very serious issue. I just had it happen to me randomly in a save I've only been playing for a few hours.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I thought I was going insane when i saw this happening, I've been disabling mods one at a time before trying it with no mods and still the same issue happens.
I think I know how to reproduce it; When you go into a CoA Designer, go into the emblems, usually something that has more than one emblem. Go into the emblem editor, choose a new one or try and edit its position,leaving this window seems to break something in the CoA imaging and the shield will look normal but the emblems suddenly are all one or the other, it's rarely the same emblem too. This is especially noticeable in patterns.
1647070428598.png

All i did to make this next image was literally scroll down the list in the emblem selection and scroll back up, the circles were replaced by these hashes.
1647070538882.png

No mods, vanilla game, verified and validated files. literally any CoA, county, character, whatever.

Short Update: Uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, went straight into a new game, edited the county COA; went into patterns and scrolled up and down; and this happened.
1647071613985.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Note that you don't need to use (or even open) CoA designer - this bug will just happen whilst browsing the map and clicking through various dynasties.

Definitely seems to have been introduced in 1.5.1 - never noticed it before.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have noticed this as well. I am attaching an image of what I saw + save at that time, though the save may be useless as reloading seems to fix, at least temporarily - no mods, although debug mode was enabled when I started the game but had been turned off by this time.
Screenshot_10.png

Attachments

• Wrong_Shields.ck3
    10,9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi again all of you!

Thanks for all the reports, it will help us resolve the issue by a lot! I added the bug to our database, since it looks like the issue occurs to a lot of Players. We'll do our best to fix it as quickly as possible.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have experienced the same issue, when I played last night around 90% of the dynasty shield I saw was completely wrong. Yet when starting the game up from the same save everything looks normal. I think its a case where the dynasty shields bug happens over time.

Yes, it seems like the longer you play it will show the wrong coat of arms more often. I played just now for a few hours and before quitting almost every coat of arms was wrong, but it wasn't like that when I started.

Reactions: