• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PBDUNTON

Recruit
14 Badges
Oct 22, 2020
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings III
Short summary of your issue "Visiting" other court bug

Game Version 1.1.3

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Multiple times on each playthrough now I have had my player heir or some other youngster who I need to train or marry off be "visiting the court of ___" for the entirety of their youth. In that state they can't be interacted with, which is incredibly frustrating. I literally had to imprison my son one time because I read it as a workaround (since they end up in your court again after you free them). Really dumb. On my current game I cant even imprison my grandson for some reason (lack of feedback for missing options is a whole other topic for this game too), so I need to kill him or abandon this run, which at this point means stop playing the game because Im not going to do that. Please get rid of the stupid visiting thing, make it a much shorter state, or make it cancellable, at least for kids. From a lore perspective it doesnt even make sense - why would your heir visit some other court for a decade and be completely unreachable.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Play the game, have kids.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I agree. I already reported it too and had 2 children today having the same issue with them. I had to land them to get the ability to educate them. It's absurd.

• 2Like
Reactions: