CK III - Vassal created new culture and my personal domain got converted to that culture

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sarsante

Sergeant
21 Badges
Jan 29, 2021
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Short summary of your issue
Vassal created new culture and my personal domain got converted to that culture

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Playing byzantines, some random vassal created russo-greek culture. 5 out 6 of my personal domain got converted to said culture. Also a bunch of land got converted to that culture which doesnt make any sense. When a player create a new culture, all vassals can accept the change, BUT the land itself doesnt change for hundreds of years (I played at least 100 years in other campaign where I created a new culture and not a single county got converted to trhe new culture). AI creates a new one and in 10 years has 1/3 of original byzantine empire? how? please explain to me because I must be doing something really wrong because my vassals cant convert their backyard to their culture.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Idk, in other save when I created a new culture, only half of my personal domain got converted to the new culture. Now it happened the opposite. So something it's definetely not working properly.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I don't think so

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Makedon_867.ck3
    41,5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I want to add that in the same game happened again and it would take 42 years for my 31 skill steward to convert my capital back which it's an absurd
wtf.png

I know, the topic is a bit old, but it's the only one I found, that describes the same situtation I experienced during my playthrough, Game Version 1.8.1

is there any update on the matter?

Same here. Was playing as the ruler of the Bengal Empire, a kingdom tier vassal hybridized my culture with another and my entire personal domain (10 counties) switched over. Is there any way to fix this aside save file editing/waiting a hundred years for my steward to convert them back? Playing on v1.9.2.1.

Game Version:

This is still here.

I'm playing as Emperor of Scandinavia, Danish. My vassal created hybrid culture 10 years ago, Prusso-Danish, my own counties are turning into that culture, i'm loosing money because Danish has two more building slots per holding.

Attachments

• 20240220163815_1.jpg
    20240220163815_1.jpg
    575,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240220163940_1.jpg
    20240220163940_1.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 0