Confirmed CK III - The effect of "Return Roma" decision is little weird, if the faith of the county of Roma is Islam.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bluemersen

Recruit
Apr 5, 2021
Short summary of your issue
The effect of "Return Roma" decision is little weird, if the faith of the county of Roma is Islam.

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
As a Catholic ruler, I have conquered the county of Roma that has been converted to Islam. Under this condition, "Return Roma" decision returns Roma to Caliph (not Pope) and increases Pope's opinion with me. This is weird, since Pope is happy about the return of Roma to Caliph.

After I converted Roma back to Catholic, the decision functions normally (gives Roma to Pope and increases Pope's opinion with me). It looks like that the county's faith decides to whom to return Roma.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
1. The faith of Roma is Islam.
2. Obtain Roma as a Catholic ruler.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I found a reddit post reporting the same bug.

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• hal1615gsbx51.png
    hal1615gsbx51.png
    341,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Hi Bluemersen,

I spent a little time recreating this and concur with you on the weirdness. The decision should grant the county to the pope according to the wiki and this is further implied in the decision text. I'll add it to our bug tracker and we'll get this sorted. Thanks for the report and all the details, it made reproduction a breeze!

Cheers!

• 1Like
Reactions: