• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

knppel

Court Jester
17 Badges
Apr 13, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Short summary of your issue Seduction in combination with marriage effectively broken

Game Version 1.0.3.

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Scripts for marriage and love affaires are completely separated from each other, at times multiply, work against each other or overwrite each other. Most notably, men declare their own offspring with their spouse bastards.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Just observe the inter-personal relationships inside the Byzantine Empire for a few decades after game start, AI will produce the described scenarios at some point.
To speed it up,seduce your wife and see what happens when she gets Great Pox or you find out your childs is yours (lol).

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
There's no specific single event, the whole seduction-chains ignore wether or not peopleare married (You also can exposed as adulterer when having a love-affaire with your spouse, youcaneven do it yourself if you have high enough intrigue to find out...)

Hate to sound like a dick but it's broken as a whole as it overwrites marriageswith its effects. Attached an exemplary screenshot of the dumbest possible result of affection in the wedding bed.

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 20200910201111_1.jpg
    20200910201111_1.jpg
    383,9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Amusingly enough this is a problem that was present in CK2 as well, most notably when playing in a Muslim realm. Some or all events tied to the 'Lover' tag assume extramarital relations by default.

Amusingly enough this is a problem that was present in CK2 as well, most notably when playing in a Muslim realm. Some or all events tied to the 'Lover' tag assume extramarital relations by default.

I didn't wanna mention that but, yes.
InCK3 the issue skyrockets as seduction is available to any character, landed or not, and AI makes frequent use of it.

Particularly ironic is that for all I can tell, amourous affaires effectively overwrite marriage affaires.
Children of loving couples get declared bastards regularly.

The funniest stupidity I can offer is Basil Makedon's surprised face, when his wife told him she has great pox. He banned her from his bed.
Two weeks later, the same woman, still in love with him, tearfully confesses to him- again- her newly contracted disease when Basil visit his lover he just banned from his marriage bed, but kept visiting her bed as they were lovers!