Confirmed CK III - Reforming Asatru from "Warmonger" -> MASSIVE sudden "Offensive War" penalties for all vassals who were happy yesterday.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

behrooz

Recruit
52 Badges
Apr 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Island Bound
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
Short summary of your issue Reforming Asatru from "Warmonger" -> MASSIVE sudden "Offensive War" penalties for all vassals who were happy yesterday.

Game Version Hotfix 1.1.3

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
As an unreformed Asatru Queen, I spent nearly all of the first half of the tenth century as a 57 years-so-far ruler at war, conquering the entire Russian Empire and then deciding that I wanted to reform Asatru, so I had to go conquer a couple holy places owned by other major rulers.

Most of my vassals were Asatru, dynasty, or both, so the "Offensive War" penalty was a non-issue as it only applied to a few infidel vassals, and since I was already on a conquering binge if any of them got uppity enough they immediately got sacrificed. Everyone loved me, as I was the baddest ruler in the world.

However, After reforming Asatru from Human Sacrifice -> Carnal Exaltation and Warfare -> Pursuit of Power, along with literally every other expensive change I could add in to become more tolerant and awesome, as my character had 9000+ piety from literally sacrificing hundreds of victims. (I like to think that Tsaritza Katarina decided to reform after getting tired of the whole human sacrifice thing)

Then I went to sleep.

I started up the next day, and for some reason all of my vassals suddenly have a new -165 "Offensive War" penalty that came out of nowhere. This is pretty super bad. And also a surprise, as I am currently at peace and have been since capturing the last holy site and reforming the faith.

This has made nearly every one of my direct vassals -100 attitude toward me, which would normally be remarkably bad indeed, but is probably survivable as Tsaritza Katarina "The Divine" is at 100 dread, newly-created head of faith, Living Legend, Religious Icon, with 16k soldiers, and is married to her third husband Alvydas, a 26-martial, 61-prowess berserker gallant legendary blademaster.

It's ironman, so I don't think I have a save game anywhere handy.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Rule for a long time, be at war all the time, and then reform a faith with "Warmonger" to something without warmonger.
Instant massive "Offensive War" opinion penalty with all direct vassals out of nowhere.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Reactions:
Well I reformed Astartu keeping Warmonger in organized faith and suddenly vassals following «Old Astartu» (that is Warmonger too) issue me "Offensive War" penalty :confused:
(like Count Georg of Lisboa)

Attachments

• High_King_Greger_of_Scandinavia_954_02_24.ck3
    16,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: