• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

headonjackwards

Recruit
5 Badges
Oct 3, 2022
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Short summary of your issue
Portrait Editor DNA generator gone

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Just wanted to note that previously in the debug mode Portrait Editor built in the game, you used to be able to put two character DNA strings in the Children Portrait Views and it would let you copy the DNA string of children it had generated. I found this a really cool feature and way to choose what my character's kids looked like, while also having the same DNA as the parents. It seems to have gone in the later updates. I can see the generated children, but can't seem to copy their DNA string :(

I'm aware this is rather niche, but would like to know if this is a bug on my end or was taken out somehow in the update.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Written above ^

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• b83af094f4eb5851e8197c4422b56bdb.png
    b83af094f4eb5851e8197c4422b56bdb.png
    245,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Short summary of your issue
Portrait Editor DNA generator gone

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Just wanted to note that previously in the debug mode Portrait Editor built in the game, you used to be able to put two character DNA strings in the Children Portrait Views and it would let you copy the DNA string of children it had generated. I found this a really cool feature and way to choose what my character's kids looked like, while also having the same DNA as the parents. It seems to have gone in the later updates. I can see the generated children, but can't seem to copy their DNA string :(

I'm aware this is rather niche, but would like to know if this is a bug on my end or was taken out somehow in the update.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Written above ^

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game

No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached
You can find this feature if you have Ethnicities and Portraits Expanded mod on. It's in steamapps\workshop\content\1158310\2507209632\gui\portrait_editor_window (could be different, because this is steam version). You can simply copy-paste it into a new custom mod and run it, if you open up PE it'll show.