• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hargrimm

Private
26 Badges
Dec 1, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Short summary of your issue
House Claims for artifacts are broken

Game Version
Fleur de Lis

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Two issues:

1. Artifacts held in unbroken custody by the same house for some number of years acquire a House Claim, which allows any member of the house to claim the artifact if it ever gets unjustly taken by anyone outside the house. However, this "outside the house" condition does not seem to be actually checked or enforced currently. I have a Brooch that was received from an Adventurer inspiration by my grandfather and held totally uncontested by my characters ever since. Once it hit the right age and acquired the House Claim, distant family member vassals have started demanding that I hand the artifact over to them, even though they have no personal claim to it whatsoever. So it seems they are able to use the House Claim to make these demands even though the item is still held by a house member which should render it unusable. So I am forced to incur to ridiculously heavy -60(!) opinion penalty with pretty much every one of my same-house vassals, which obviously causes a lot of problems.

2. When a cadet branch is formed, it appears that the cadet house gets its own house claim on all the artifacts its originating house had claims on. This contradicts the tooltip which I believe says only artifacts actually held by members of the cadet branch should have their claims replaced with that of the cadet house. If issue #1 is fixed without this also being addressed, then it will result in repeating the same problem, since then the original branch rightful holder of the artifact won't match the cadet branch, and all cadet branch members will start spamming their demands and destroying opinion.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Hold an artifact in the same house until a House Claim develops, and observe random vassals of your own house start demanding it non-stop

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• ua_Briain_1066_Ironman.ck3
    17,5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220214210444_1.jpg
    20220214210444_1.jpg
    810,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220214210647_1.jpg
    20220214210647_1.jpg
    681,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220214211201_1.jpg
    20220214211201_1.jpg
    703,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Am also having this issue. Is absolutely a game-ending 10 for "pain caused" if your dynasty is large enough. Makes succession a nightmare. Really bummed this made it through Q & A - puts the game into an unplayable state for me.

I agree the opinion penalty is WAY, WAY, WAY too much.

Not giving someone their toy boat is literally worse than executing their parent/child.

15 to 30 would make more sense. Should only be like 60 if they're arrogant, greedy, gluttonous, etc. (Traits that imply selfishness.)

I am at least ok with it causing a rivalry, though. There's not enough ways to get rivalries in CK3. (222 hours and I've never seen a Nemesis, which is a life-long "Super-Rival")

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.