CK III - Gameplay - My wife and soulmate doesn't want to live with me anymore [1.1.3]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Troyen

Lt. General
16 Badges
Aug 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
Short summary of your issue Gameplay - My wife and soulmate doesn't want to live with me anymore [1.1.3]

Game Version 1.1.3

What OS are you playing on?
Mac

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
My wife is in my brother's court and has been for over a decade. She won't come home, even when appointing her court physician or making her my soulmate. She's also not available to help with the council. But she is still able to keep having kids. Unfortunately, my new kids also appear in my brother's court and can't be educated. (I haven't had my spymaster check if they're actually my kids, but I also kinda don't want to know.)

Please explain how to reproduce the issue

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I think early on she was the guardian for one of my brother's kids. If so, that guardianship has since ended, but she remains there. It's not that much colder in Novgorod.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• rurikid_867_ironman.ck3
    37,2 MB · Views: 0
  • Wife not in Novgorod.png
    Wife not in Novgorod.png
    8,3 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Does imprisoning cancel guardianship? I think the guardian is the reason they leave after having it happen to a second spouse.
I don't know. But when i tested it with your save game your wife was no guardian to a child. So i recommended to imprison and release her.