Cities: Skylines, Steam & Windows 10

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It has ran for me on a preview build of Windows 10 with zero issues and again on what is considered the RTM (or General Availability) build 10240 of W10 without any issues at all.

It runs neither faster nor slower and overall that is fine for me at 1440p with all the eye candy on.

Windows 10, as with all the games I have played whilst using it, has shown zero issues.

@Simgiov - can I please ask what a BSOD is? I don't want to simply Google the term, as I am curious as to how it relates to this topic in context, if that makes sense?! Thanks man.

Also, @Loperaster09 - I doubt that the game would have any performance differential between the two OS, although I would be keen to hear if anybody here has any different opinions or experiences from pre-release of Win 10, as I am far from a software expert!!

There will be no difference when running Cities Skylines between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 for now.

There could be a little difference between Windows 10 and Windows 7 or older.
The Unity engine does have directx12 now. I think CS will be updated to use Directx12 in the future (it will take them some time and is not a simple software update to implement). Directx12 combined with Windows 10 and new videocard drivers will improve framerate (more improvement for people with older cpu's and cpu's with more cores). Btw, That doesn't have anything to do with the amount of workshop assets we can download. Those still need more memory / RAM when you want to use a lot of them. I wanted to mention that, because that is the more important fact for me in this game than the fps. I think most ppl have a very decent fps in this game.

Already works on Win 10.

Do not expect Win 10 to be an officially supported OS though. It is rare that a publisher adds an OS to it's supported list for a game already released.