Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Train Stations DLC: All Stations with Parking Behave As Parks

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ristosal

Colonel
10 Badges
Nov 29, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Describe your issue
Train Stations DLC: All Stations with Parking Behave As Parks

What is your game version?
1.13.3-f9

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

What mods are you using?
None

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Any building in this pack that includes a parking lot behaves like a park and just attracts citizens and tourists to visit it, alongside their main function of being a station. I could see this being intentional for the Old Market Station but not the rest, so this might just be an oversight.

Note: The attached screenshot has mods enabled but it was reproducible without them as well.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Place down a train station or transport hub from this pack that has a parking lot, then inspect it's traffic routes. You will eventually see that people just visit the building as if it were a park or plaza.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 20.png
    Screenshot 20.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    79,2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
If we can get a save game and output log of this in a completely unmodded city, I'll log a bug on it. Thanks!

This save has never had mods in use. I also added another screenshot showing the appeal value of one of the stations, which may be useful info.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    80,4 KB · Views: 0
  • TwoRivers-22-bug.crp
    9,2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 21.png
    Screenshot 21.png
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
@BadPeanut can comment on this, but I believe this is intended behaviour to have the parking lots be used and not just sit empty.

@BadPeanut can comment on this, but I believe this is intended behaviour to have the parking lots be used and not just sit empty.
Current gameplay already shows they're functional parking lots, which means that any purposeful nearby zoning, buildings or pedestrian paths should guarantee them being used anyway, in conjunction with roads that don't allow parking. Content creators need to keep in mind they're creating official content for the game that should be consistent with how the rest of the game functions, and not try to "game the game" with gimmick solutions.

Current gameplay already shows they're functional parking lots, which means that any purposeful nearby zoning, buildings or pedestrian paths should guarantee them being used anyway, in conjunction with roads that don't allow parking. Content creators need to keep in mind they're creating official content for the game that should be consistent with how the rest of the game functions, and not try to "game the game" with gimmick solutions.
@co_avanya is correct, this is intended behaviour to encourage cars to park at stations, as most of the time they require an actual destination in order to park.
Nearby zoning, parks or pedestrian paths do not guarantee and rarely lead to parking lots being used.
I can verify this with 6 years of modding and game experience. Not to mention the hours i spent testing the pack.
Thanks for your report, but it's working as designed and is a required feature for the parking to look like they are used.
@AndrewT no need to Log :)

Reactions:
Thanks for your report, but it's working as designed and is a required feature for the parking to look like they are used.
Fair enough. It's still a great content pack and actually the only CCP I've bought, but if content creators keep doing things like this it may discourage me from purchasing further packs for any C:S title, personally. Based on the appeal value screenshot, all of these buildings seem to be more attractive than every single park in the game, which just seems overkill just to get people to park :rolleyes:

(I also undertand AndrewT not even questioning this might actually be a feature)

Last edited:
Fair enough. It's still a great content pack and actually the only CCP I've bought, but if content creators keep doing things like this it may discourage me from purchasing further packs for any C:S title, personally. Based on the appeal value screenshot, all of these buildings seem to be more attractive than every single park in the game, which just seems overkill just to get people to park :rolleyes:
I understand, and I'm sorry you feel like it's not part of the vanilla game.
I had to weigh up whether people would be more upset that there were park sub buildings or if people would be more upset if their parking lots were empty.
My experience in the community is that the latter would've received more negative feedback.

However think on the positive side: with the extra tourism boost your stations now have train spotters who like to visit the station to spot new trains! Gotta love some incidental new simulation :D

But in all seriousness, I hope this doesn't ruin the game for you. Take care :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Would it be possible to compare the values of attractiveness and reach, etc. in the editor?
It's the template of the botanical garden, as it needed enough reach and attractiveness to get anybody to drive to it to counter the noise of the station. When using the standard park as a template there would be maybe 1 car who would park there.

Reactions: