Cities: Skylines (Steam) - The game stops and says "fatal error - gc get thread context failed"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Worad

Recruit
3 Badges
Apr 6, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings III
Describe your issue
The game stops and says "fatal error - gc get thread context failed"

What is your game version?

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What mods are you using?
I don't use mods

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
No problem at the start of the game, everything goes normal. I build some things and having usual play time. After a while suddenly the game stops and says "fatal error - gc. get thread context failed"

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Whenever I play it replicates itself.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    775,5 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    34,1 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    92,7 KB · Views: 0
  • crash.dmp
    773 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    26 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    90 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I've seen that caused by various antivirus apps, which one do you use? Make sure cities.exe is in its exceptions list.

I've seen that caused by various antivirus apps, which one do you use? Make sure cities.exe is in its exceptions list.
I'm using 360 Total Security and I've enabled windows virus security setting. I think windows virus security using 360 total security for scan. On windows firewall, cities:skylines is enabled also I've play cities again last night and it was ok, that was strange. There was no fatal error. But I've disabled the music of the game which is at top right corner, some time later I've enabled it again. I don't know if game music has any affect on my problem.

I can't see that either firewall or music would have anything to do with it, no. I'm not at all familiar with 360 but you might need to contact their support to ensure the game has full access to everything it wants to. The crash happens just after a save operation, interestingly, although no mention in that log of the error message you see.

Well that's weird. If I get that error again I'll take a screen shoot of it. I've deleted old save files and start a new game. It seems no error for now. Thanks a lot for your help and time Andrew.