• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

want_to_know

Major
8 Badges
Mar 30, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
Description
Rails are missing on the track

What is your game version?
1.13.0-f8

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark,
Mass Transit,
Parklife
What mods are you using?
None

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
A legal piece of built rail contains no rails. -
I noticed it earlier, but I didn't pay attention to it.
This phenomenon occurred again when I wanted to prepare a track piece that was as compact as possible in the editor.
In the editor I also noticed that the rails together had enough space but could not be built together. The overlay image.
I checked this phenomenon again in-game.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
place parallel rails at a distance and insert rail sections at a 56 ° angle between them

Attachments

Attachments

• Diffrent-Angel-1.jpg
    Diffrent-Angel-1.jpg
    174,3 KB · Views: 6
  • Diffrent-Angel-2.jpg
    Diffrent-Angel-2.jpg
    135,8 KB · Views: 6
  • Rail-Bug-Overlay.jpg
    Rail-Bug-Overlay.jpg
    611,5 KB · Views: 6
  • Rail-Missing.jpg
    Rail-Missing.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 6
  • Rail-Missing-Ingame.jpg
    Rail-Missing-Ingame.jpg
    77,6 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I can't reproduce this without anarchy. Any situation where this happens, it won't let me connect the tracks. Perhaps if the spacing of the two parallel tracks is just right, then it happens. It's a visual glitch that happens because the segment is so tiny, or because the angle is too sharp.

You are also most definitely using some kind of mods, since you can't have the grid overlay tracks like that. Tracks block the zoning grid, so unmodded game would not have screenshots looking like that. ;)

You are also most definitely using some kind of mods, since you can't have the grid overlay tracks like that. Tracks block the zoning grid, so unmodded game would not have screenshots looking like that. ;)
You have probably overlooked the fact that the first pictures were taken in the editor. Because I noticed the mistake there again.
The last picture was taken as normal in the game. Here is another picture:
2020-04-30 10_49_05-Cities_ Skylines.jpg

And if I try to create more space between the track set above and the bottom by building it along a regular path below, I would have more space for a switch.

And this is the result:
2020-04-30 11_00_03-Cities_ Skylines.jpg

Why should I be allowed to build a piece of track, but because of an angle that is too sharp, I cannot use any rails?

And if I should politely refer to the overlay image again. Visually there would be room for these pieces.
Rail-Bug-Overlay.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes! I did not consider the editor as I was trying to do this in game! :p Hmm, strange! With the spacing you have there I can't get that sharp andles on the tracks between. It just won't let me. :confused:

Looking at the angle again, I think this has always been a thing. I think it's actually intended because the angle is too sharp for trains. There is an angle setting for networks, which does this to prevent too sharp angles on certain networks, like train and metro tracks. Which leads me to believe this isn't actually a bug or a visual glitch, but intended behavior to show us, that the angle is too sharp and we need to change things.

I Edit my Post .
-
It is quite possible that two things could probably be mixed here. But I see a certain parallel.
The one that can build a track piece and are not functional.
The other thing is that functional track sections can be built separately, but not at the same time. Although visually there is no conflict.

Last edited:
So the behavior could be confirmed. This is used to build an intersection:
2020-05-05 09_04_20-Cities_ Skylines.jpg
I had never built anything like this. Learned something new.

I will take up the other behavior again separately.