• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nauau0102

Sergeant
8 Badges
Oct 18, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Describe your issue
Part of airport terminal missing

What is your game version?
1.16.1-f2

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Campus, Sunset Harbor, Airports

What mods are you using?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Hi,

Since I got the Airport DLC, I have something missing from the list of buildings.

I discovered this lack in a video on Youtube and I see this element in all the videos.
This is the item selected from the menu shown in the attached photo.
This is the element that makes a great terminal.

Is it really something basic in the game or would it come from the workshop?

Thanks

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Airport.png
    Airport.png
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
That is called the Classic Airport Concourse and comes in the Airports expansion. It would only be available if you used the Classic Airport style to build your airport of course.

Placing any Airports terminal building will unlock the runway, taxiway, plane stands, and the different concourse networks. If you place it while the game is paused you will need to unpause the game for it to unlock.

Hi,
thank you for the answer

The problem I had was that I couldn't find this hall in the "airport" tab.

Searching through the "Find it" mod I wrote "Hall" and there it appeared.

What could be the reason that some base game items don't go into the correct tabs and can only be found via a search mod?
Even via the public transport "search" function, I couldn't find this hall and I don't know how I could find it without having to use Find it.

Attachments

• Airport 3.png
    Airport 3.png
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
  • Airport 2.png
    Airport 2.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
I suspect some mod you're using is either hiding them or has moved them. Have you checked to see if they're in the 2nd to last tab?
Airport 2.png

No, they are not under this tab.
These are workshop car parks that can be found in this tab.

I looked on all the available tabs, also the parks, but I didn't find, it's strange.

With "Find it" I managed to have all the objects and I can't find some in the game tabs, like some buildings too.

However, I don't have a mod that changes the order of objects, functions or place buildings (I had one but I unsubscribed from it) but the main thing is that I manage to find what I want

If you add the launch options -noWorkshop and -disableMods to Steam, do you then see it in the correct menu?

How To Set Launch Options
  • Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
  • Enter the launch options you wish to apply in the box (be sure to separate each code with a space). Should look like this:
    Code:
    -noWorkshop -disableMods
  • Close the game's Properties window and launch the game.

I tried to load the part with " -noWorkshop -disableMods " but the part loads infinitely without managing to load the game.

I also had in the launch options the terms "-force-d3d9", which was a solution to a previous problem (which was solved using this launch option)

I tried "-noWorkshop -disableMods" with "-force-d3d9" but also without "-force-d3d9" and got the same result.

When I load my game as usual, there is no problem.

This problem is not very serious, I have had to search for certain objects via "Find it" for a long time and it is just a little bit disturbing

Can we get a new output log with all those options in place please?

The output_log.txt is generated each time the game starts and can be found in the Cities_Data folder where the game is installed:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data
...\Epic Games\CitiesSkylines\Cities_Data

Thanks Avanya

I just did 4 launch attempts with different options.

The first file is without launch option. The game loads correctly but while playing, the game may freeze after a few minutes of play.

The second file is how I usually run the game; with -force-d3d9 , which gives me no problems loading or playing, except those explained above.

The third and fourth files, are the tests with " -noWorkshop -disableMods " and " -noWorkshop -disableMods -force-d3d9 ".
With these launch options, the game loads but never manages to finish loading and get into the game.

Now I will wait for the new patch and the latest DLC and wait for the mods to be updated in the next few days

Attachments

• output_log - No launch option.txt
    15,9 MB · Views: 0
  • output_log -force-d3d9.txt
    15,9 MB · Views: 0
  • output_log -noWorkshop -disableMods -force-d3d9.txt
    23,9 MB · Views: 0
  • output_log -noWorkshop -disableMods.txt
    10,6 MB · Views: 0
Are you testing on your existing save or a new city? Saves that use mods may not work correctly without mods, which could explain the freezing you experience, so it's always best to test on a new city.

Fixed freezing issue with -force-d3d9 launch option

The initial problem of this post, with objects not appearing, also appeared with new cities.

This kind of "small problems" is not very serious, I am very happy with my gaming experience with this.
If I don't have serious problems anymore, that's fine.