• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

misterwolferson

Recruit
30 Badges
Jul 19, 2021
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
Describe your issue
Game crashes at launch and has done for 4 months

What is your game version?

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Campus, Sunset Harbor

What mods are you using?
All mods are disabled and the issue still occurs

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When I launch the game from Steam, I get to the launcher (where I can choose to play or resume previous file). Regardless of which option I choose, I get a few seconds into the game and the game quits. I have disabled all workshop content. The game was working perfectly before until the issue started occurring in April, and I have not been able to play the game since, except for one time on the 9th July when it worked for 2 hours. It has continued to force quit since then. I have a core i7 9700 and an RTX 3080 and have consistently been running up to date Windows 10, Steam and drivers. I have rolled back my drivers to the Feb drivers when the game worked and this has still not helped. I have fully deleted and reinstalled CS multiple times to no avail, I have verified the file integrity via Steam

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Every time and over every version of Win10 and Nvidia drivers since April 2021, including multiple reinstalls. All I have to do is launch the game

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    48,4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
There are no crashes or significant errors in that log, which is unusual for this game when it fails to start.

You are loading a few mods so let's get those out of the way, change the launch options to read:

-noWorkshop -disableMods

If that doesn't help please post a new output log , thanks.

There are no crashes or significant errors in that log, which is unusual for this game when it fails to start.

You are loading a few mods so let's get those out of the way, change the launch options to read:

-noWorkshop -disableMods

If that doesn't help please post a new output log , thanks.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, it hasn't seemed to help. Please see my new output log attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    39,5 KB · Views: 0
Still no clues in that log to point to the problem I'm afraid.

Please try a **clean** reinstall:

- Remove the game from Steam (uninstall)
- Manually delete all these files and folders, if still there:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\
...\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\255710\
...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines
(first move the /saves/ folder elsewhere to keep your save games)
(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

- Install the game again and see if it runs now.

Good luck with that!

If that doesn't help, DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

And please install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that here too, thanks.

Hi, thanks for your help so far. Afraid that hasn't helped, I get the same issue; the game quits instantly and with no warning within a few seconds of opening. I've been through and removed all my workshop content too in addition to just disabling it and this hasn't helped either.

Please find attached the files you requested, as well as the latest output log

Attachments

• DESKTOP-Q4T7HM0.txt
    169,3 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    126,6 KB · Views: 0
  • DESKTOP-Q4T7HM0.txt
    169,3 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    126,6 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    44 KB · Views: 0
You may as well update that nvidia driver to the one that just came out:

That aside I see nothing n those files either, no crash in this game is recorded in the dxdiag either. Several Windows errors though, if you run the Update app does it find anything to do?

Turn off the Discord overlay, does that help?

How about if you put Steam in offline mode, any different?

This may be a long shot, but try this: turn off ALL your antivirus and anti-malware software long enough to try and start the game. There are some software of that variety that will kill programs they suspect as being malicious. Since it's likely an ungraceful termination, it would not show up in the game log.