Cities: Skylines (Steam) - district names sometimes garbled on loading a save file, opening the editor, not changing, and closing editor spells them o

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vsvg.scattered

Sergeant
9 Badges
Nov 10, 2020
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Describe your issue
district names sometimes garbled on loading a save file, opening the editor, not changing, and closing editor spells them out

What is your game version?
1.13.1-f1, is this the latest?

What expansions do you have installed?
Mass Transit, Industries, Sunset Harbor

What mods are you using?
none

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
sometimes when opining a save file the district names are garbled, often not even letters. see example.

opening the district brush area editor and closing it is a viable work-around, for me. the main purpose of the areas is to show you where to watch for the cargo train crashes. i haven't yet added areas to mark the passenger train crashes, or the cargo/passenger train interactions. if needed i can do that, too.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
cannot make it happen, but its happening quite regularly as time goes on.

if my GT 640 is a bit too old for larger cities, i can understand that of ot os the explanation. i'm happy the GT 640 works through the 75,000 pop milestone.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 367.png
    Screenshot 367.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 366.png
    Screenshot 366.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 365.png
    Screenshot 365.png
  • Screenshot 364.png
    Screenshot 364.png
Upvote 0
I'm not sure I'm seeing what you are seeing. This issue is show in that first screenshot and the other three are okay, is that right?

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you are seeing. This issue is show in that first screenshot and the other three are okay, is that right?

I explained it better in my mind, but it sure didn't come through.
364 this is what is displayed upon reloading the city. the district names are mangled
365 here the district editor is about to be pressed, or i pressed it and am about to click it again to close it. i forget.
366 district editor closed and the names magically return.
367 the area level screenshot shows the distract names. they do exist.'

it looks like the pictures were uploaded in reverse order. i guess doing them one-at-a-time could help the order stay intact.

does that help?

I don't see district names in 364 at all, only street names. Or is that what you mean, no names at all? Very odd, if so. Whether others have seen that too and not reported it, or this is peculiar to your setup I'm not sure, to be honest.

Do you have access to any other machine to try this on?

in this screenshot the district names are the 4 little pagodas printed where the names would be. i first thought they weren't printed, too. once you see them, you don't miss them next time.

my older 8-year-old rig has sustained a casualty, it might be the motherboard. i don't think CS would on my older even older machine.