Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Cars started u-turning in the middle of the road for no reason.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nautilox8183

Sergeant
Sep 18, 2021
Describe your issue
Cars started u-turning in the middle of the road for no reason.

What is your game version?

What expansions do you have installed?
Every DLC.

What mods are you using?
TMPE, a lot of building mods, Find It! 2, Fine road anarchy, some road mods, and a lot of AI car mods

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
So, I was just playing and all of a sudden traffic is backing up - turns out the problem was vehicles u-turning for no reason in the middle of the road.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Please attach the affected save game file here, plus the game's log file:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt

You said you're using TMPE. If there is not a fire that they're trying to avoid, then check the node and make sure you did not allow U-turns at that node.

You also said you're using some car AI mods. TMPE also offers changes to the traffic AI and pathfinding. You may have a mod conflict somewhere.

You said you're using TMPE. If there is not a fire that they're trying to avoid, then check the node and make sure you did not allow U-turns at that node.

You also said you're using some car AI mods. TMPE also offers changes to the traffic AI and pathfinding. You may have a mod conflict somewhere.
Correct, there was a fire, and I double-checked to make sure that I was allowing no u-turns. But even after the fire was put out, cars kept u-turning. Thank you for the information.

Please attach the affected save game file here

Local saves are here:
...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\saves\
(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

Cloud saves you can see and get from here:

So, I used TMPE to completely reset the lane mathematics of the roads and re-placed them all. I also deleted buildings around the road and that semeed to fix the issue after a few minutes of gameplay. Thank you very much Andrew for helping me with this!