Cities: Skylines - Gameplay Reveal Trailer

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
SocialBanners_Facebook Release Image.jpg

Parklife is coming with new ways to decorate and tune your Cities! Get a closer look at how it's done in our Gameplay Trailer!
What do you think?
Pre-order Parklife TODAY!

Attachments

• Thumbnail_pez_1920x1080.jpg
    Thumbnail_pez_1920x1080.jpg
    1,6 MB · Views: 27
Interesting sneak preview! Much more informative than today's Twitch live stream "reveal" which was the usual frustratingly unfocused, disorganized, unprofessional, rambling car crash. Why oh why can't you guys get such a simple thing right? These poor performances hardly inspire confidence!

I've been pretty critical of the direction the CS expansions have taken lately and to be totally honest I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this one. I was really hoping for procedurally generated zonable parks, but maybe that's just not possible and this is the compromise solution that we're being offered. I'm feeling hopeful though and I will buy this expansion when it comes out. I'm glad that trees are finally going to be useful and not just cosmetic. More than anything I'm hopeful that the dev team is starting to listen to what people actually want and will begin focusing more on depth and mechanics.

I'm hoping that city services/government gets an overhaul next. Mayor's house (land value boost), city hall (maybe this improves budget effectiveness,, allows citizens to petition for new projects, fix problems, etc.), library (improve education), central library (improve education), crime overhaul, etc. Maybe bicycle police mini stations for tourist areas to help fight petty theft. I dunno, just one mayor's opinion! :)

I love the idea. Although - will there be customisable rollercoasters? :p

Giraffes, elephants and elk are very nice indeed. And lions exist, too, I guess.

But it would be nice to have a full list of planned animals. Although I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for hyenas or bats.

Flamingo's are in. Rhino's as well. Moose and Reindeer too.

Some water creature possibly as well (crocodiles?)

I think creating a zoo would be very fun to do, and i would definitely subscrive to a lot of mods, to create a large zoo. ("game into a game").