• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BritishGamerNI

Recruit
15 Badges
Aug 28, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Does anyone else have an issue for the Cities Skylines Concerts DLC where the band popularity stays at 20 and never increases no matter how many people attend, where it's situated and how good your public transport is? I can't get them to like any of the concerts and therefore can never upgrade the concert grounds to their next level. Is there anything i'm forgetting i've high tourism, all forms of public transport (the concert is even beside the cities main bus hub) and i've all bonuses like the recording studio and advertising as well as max security spending so what else can you do to stop the popularity staying at 20?

Upvote 0
I have no problem with two of the bands, but NESTOR drops consistently for no reason that I can see. That said, I do not know the magic behind the curtain that determines what happens.

20170829221911_1.jpg

NESTOR went down in this video as well:
Go to 48:40. They seem surprised. I am not, based on my experience.

20170830114300_1.jpg
I have no problem with two of the bands, but NESTOR drops consistently for no reason that I can see. That said, I do not know the magic behind the curtain that determines what happens.

View attachment 295227

NESTOR went down in this video as well:
Go to 48:40. They seem surprised. I am not, based on my experience.
All mine stay at 20 popularity, it's beside the bus terminal, i've a massive rail network as well as monorail and subways etc, the city has a lot of tourists and the policies are all on with ticket prices at their lowest and it's still never going above 20 popularity it's definitely a glitch i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling i've tried clearing my steam download cache and verify integrity of game files and this has always stayed at 20,20,20 so I think they need to patch it

Try putting your ticket prices up.

As I said, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes to calculate the popularity, but in the video it was mentioned that better performers have higher ticket costs. I don't know if they were joking, or if low prices actually make the cims think the performers suck. It's worth a try.

Adjusting the price has an effect on ticket sales, but also on band popularity and to the concert's success.

Like @Fox_NS_CAN suggested, as a short term strategy you can drive more ticket sales by lowering the prices, but this will also have a negative effect on the band's popularity.