• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nuhgl

Recruit
17 Badges
Apr 29, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
Now we are well into year 2016.

I am still expecting ANY WORD from Colossal Order!
The success of Cities Skyline, Dev should consider your customer relation with Cities in Motion 2 customers as well.
Or have you ran out of excuses now? So choose to ignore relation with fully paid customer for your own product.
And do stop your ignoring policy or what have you.

Colossal Order obviously broke their commitment with CIM2 customers to provide something new for CIM2 before their launch of Cities Skylines, and It came to point that I cannot never forget this no "support" I have got, unfortunately.

It like talking to non-functional, ignoring and frankly bullshit politicians.

Yes, I am an unsatisfied customer of CIM2 for non-exciting support.

Reactions:
Definitely agree. Understand they want to focus on the more lucrative and successful Cities Skyline which is riddled with its own problems but one thing great about Cities Skyline is that it's moddable so the game is enhanced greatly in many ways through mods. The least they can do for Cities in Motions 2 is open the game up for modding if they really can't spare any time and energy to provide further support for this game. Why don't they let us users support ourselves via modding?

You know there are gamers like us who still play Cities in Motions 2 and enjoy it (the Cims in Cities in Motion 2 do NOT all die in massive waves every hour; they stay alive to take the public transportation network that we build to enjoy life). Just because you CO abandoned the game doesn't mean we gamers did too.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I don't think that modding will necessarily keep a game alive once the devs get interested in developing a later game. I also play 'Train-Fever' that is very 'modable' with lots of mods available. Sadly this has not stopped the devs abandoning that game to concentrate their efforts on a new game. All devs are will only stay interested in a game if they can make some money out of it. Either by selling a DLC or, version upgrades etc. We have allready had lots of DLCs, so our only hope is a CIM3 (or CIM2.1)!

I don't think that modding will necessarily keep a game alive once the devs get interested in developing a later game. I also play 'Train-Fever' that is very 'modable' with lots of mods available. Sadly this has not stopped the devs abandoning that game to concentrate their efforts on a new game. All devs are will only stay interested in a game if they can make some money out of it. Either by selling a DLC or, version upgrades etc. We have allready had lots of DLCs, so our only hope is a CIM3 (or CIM2.1)!

Yeah but at least when the game is moddable, for the players who already bought the game and still enjoy playing it, they can implement themselves the updates and workarounds that was supposed to be implemented by the dev's to at least alleviate when not able to completely resolve the many problems with the game instead of being forever stuck with the many bugs and the flaws of the game that the dev's just doesn't give a crap at all to address.

Reactions:
Yes, I agree with you, CIM2 is still a great game, but it is not perfect. Skyline has become another type of game, I do not really like it, so I hope is a CIM3 released.

Reactions:
The reason I stopped playing Train Fever is because its controls were wonky and roads are really hard to build.
The reason I don't really play other kinds of transportation games is because I like transport simulation in a city best.

I really want a CiM3.

Reactions:
I forgot that the CiM2 had not received modding , I thought that it was more open to modding from the beginning.

Anyway I agree, it is sad that CO used CiM2 as a draft for Skylines, trying the new engine, preparing some buildings in the 3D etc. But then totally abandonded it. I don't expect anymore big features as airports, railway stations etc. But the modding would be fine and some plans for CiM3, possibly connecting with Skylines (like use the maps from that game)...