• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(722114)

Recruit
1 Badges
Apr 5, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
Could anyone tell me where the saved game location is on the Mac?

I have looked in ~/Library/Application Support/ etc etc all over those folders. I can find the CiM2 app itself, but the save games seem to not be inside there or anywhere else?

The problem I am having is that I was playing a multiplayer co-op game and we lost network connection. Now when we try to start up the game again, it gives me an error that I do not have the map because I don't have a matching save game file to the host (I assume). We want to copy the saved game over to my machine so that we can continue the co-op game.

All I need to know is where they are located - I simply cannot find them anywhere on my hard drives.

My brother is having the same problem. He found the CiM2 app and went through the package contents, but he cannot find his saved game. Also, there's no folder called 'Colossal Order' in the Application Support folder.

same problem here - we're trying hard to find the multiplayer savegames. Looks like they get out of sync if one computer doesn't save the exact same time when the other does. Looks like another big buggy implementation, unfortunately :(

I second that! Where on earth did you put those files? As to the sync issue: that is really BAD!

Edit: just found it thanks to helmi74!

You can find the files in /Users/$username/.Library/Caches/unity.Colossal Order.Cities in Motion 2/Saves

NOW THAT'S A MASTERPIECE OF HIDING STUFF... you guys sure you're not coding trojan horses in your free time?

Last edited:
Just FYI, on Windows 7 it's c:\Users\$username\AppData\LocalLow\Colossal Order\Cities in Motion 2\
Considering Appdata is hidden by default, I don't think it's the most ideal place.

I second that! Where on earth did you put those files? As to the sync issue: that is really BAD!

Edit: just found it thanks to helmi74!

You can find the files in /Users/$username/.Library/Caches/unity.Colossal Order.Cities in Motion 2/Saves

NOW THAT'S A MASTERPIECE OF HIDING STUFF... you guys sure you're not coding trojan horses in your free time?

This looks like a biproduct of the choosing the engine default for where to save stuff.

Awesome!

Thanks for rooting these out - we transferred save files and got the coop game working again no problem.

This would be so much easier if we could use the in-game UI to transfer the save files - I know they're about 9 to 10 MB each though, so it might take too much time on a slow connection.

I don't suppose anyone has found where the equivalent of player.log or output_log.txt (ie the Unity log file) is for this game on a Mac? I can find it for CIM or CSL, just not CIM2 ...