CiM CD Key on Steam is fine, but the game asks to be "registered once launched" ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ZemplinTemplar

Recruit
5 Badges
Aug 18, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
Good evening.

In the recent Christmas Paradox giveaway, I received CiM as a gift. All registration at Steam and at Paradox My Games worked fine, I have the CD Key, I have no issues with running the game... But for some odd reason, Steam keeps insisting that I need to somehow paste the CD Key "in the game, once it launches". Which seems nonsensical, as the game never prompts me to do that. I've avoided playing for now and I literally went through every single menu in the game, but can't find any sort of options menu where I'd probably have to enter the CD Key. I have not played the game before, so I'm not sure what to do now.

To quote Steam's dialog window:

This is your activation key for Cities in Motion. You will need to enter this key after the application has launched. Write the key down or press the "Copy to clipboard" button now.

But where should I copy this to afterwards ? :sad: I really can't find a single menu in the game where I could paste the activation code from the clipboard, once the game launches. It's running as if it didn't even mind that it apparently still needs one more registration of the CD Key. It's all weird and I honestly don't understand what to do at this point. :sad:

I've attached a screenshot of my CiM page on Steam, just to show that I'm really not having any issues with the CD Key itself. It isn't missing.

Attachments

• CiM Steam screen.png
    CiM Steam screen.png
    417,7 KB · Views: 65
That key is NOT needed to play the game, it's sole purpose is to register the game here - which you've already done. That Steam message is a standard one they put up with every game with a CD Key regardless of whether it's actually an Activation key or not.