Changing division template for divisions in the field

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

paperhero

Corporal
5 Badges
Sep 23, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
For divisions already build and in the field I want to change their width and equipment. I see 2 ways to do this, First: change the master template so all units of this type convert. Second create a copy of the master and change divisions one at a time, which I would rather do so I can start using new template before I have all the equipment needed to change all of them at once. Is there any problems with doing the 2nd option instead of the first that I don't see?

A second question is if the new template has more units, larger width, and with different units such as tanks, and or marines, is there any problems doing this with the either of the two methods listed earlier, assuming you have the equipment in inventory?

Is there any problems with doing the 2nd option instead of the first that I don't see?

A second question is if the new template has more units, larger width, and with different units such as tanks, and or marines, is there any problems doing this with the either of the two methods listed earlier, assuming you have the equipment in inventory?
1st: no
2nd: there is a loss of experience, especially if require more men, try to replace a battalion with a same or fewer soldier: like replace an infantry with arty, not reverse. Check wiki section for that. In the front, soldier reinforcement will come much later than equipment, up to 10 days in well supplied provinces.

Reactions:
1st: no
2nd: there is a loss of experience, especially if require more men, try to replace a battalion with a same or fewer soldier: like replace an infantry with arty, not reverse. Check wiki section for that. In the front, soldier reinforcement will come much later than equipment, up to 10 days in well supplied provinces.
There is a way to get around that xp loss, even if it's a bit of work. You can have a small division along that have the battalion you are lacking, it could even be a division of only one battalion. Swap templates for both the unit you want to enlarge and the extra division and then consolidate them and that will net you a unit without xp loss. This also works fine if you want to double up the size of your units as you can then combine two of the smaller units into a larger one.

Reactions: