• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HOI-Player

Corporal
6 Badges
Dec 7, 2020
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
Hello!
If you click on a province (e.g. Munich) in DH you get the province info with a photo of the province/city in the upper left corner of the screen! I would like to design theses photos individually so the question is whether and if so where/in which directory I can find these photos and can change them/replace them with other photos!

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
They're in /gfx/interface, and use the naming scheme ill_prov_[number].bmp, so the picture for Paris for example would be ill_prov_56.bmp. The dimensions are 192 by 75 pixels.

Thanks for the answer! I had already found this folder (also in file: Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\gfx\interface...)! But when you look at city views/photos of different provinces that are shown in the game (for example the city views shown for Hamburg or Breslau) you can see that there are photos wich could not be found in this two folders? Where are these other photos stored?

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    166,2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks for the answer! I had already found this folder (also in file: Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\gfx\interface...)! But when you look at city views/photos of different provinces that are shown in the game (for example the city views shown for Hamburg or Breslau) you can see that there are photos wich could not be found in this two folders? Where are these other photos stored?
Darkest Hour/Map/Map_1/gfx

or if you're using a mod, the it would be in the mod folder, such as Darkest Hour/Mods/TGC/Map/Map_1/gfx

But you do realize there's already a province pic mod already? If not, here's the link....

• 1Like
Reactions: